GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a BIG weight difference on the drivetrain, and well, I'm the type that keeps up with my stuff and I like to beef it up when I can. The guy @ tire shop said it's time for hub bearings and inner tie rods. Okay no problem. I've heard that moog is sposed to be great stuff. I'm looking for a great place to buy quality parts online. Is it possible to install HD hub bearings? Not ones from a chevy HD I just mean parts that are a little more beefy than average for guys with lifted rigs and heavy ass tires... These front IFS components as I replace, I'd love to try and beef up...I'd also like to find a package deall that includes all the ball joints, tie rods, etc. What else am I forgetting? Anyway, as usual looking for yalls opinions on parts..Thanks guys

Griffin

·
JUGS Racing
1,199 Posts
I hope gears are in your future?

For hubs get Timken.
Steering/suspension either Moog or Spicer.

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brett gears are in my present :read: but good thanks for the tip on Timken..Do they sell just 1/2 ton hubs or is there a beefier style I could go with?

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys what you think about these ebay rebuild kits that come with essentially every part for the front end??? Seems like good deal. Not sure about quality though.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Hubs arent too bad to do if you have some mechanical ability. I just replaced mine with some from NAPA that had a warranty and were their premium line...no problems yet. Ive heard Timken bearings are great too.

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay cool. I'm always lured by ebay though. Just saw 2 hubs from detroit axle for $100...If Napa is same price I'll just go there. Need to do this stuff soon.

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
Hubs on these trucks are cake, even easier with air tools. Google Rock-Auto for your parts, very cheap. I went with raybestos pro (I think.. don't go with base raybestos, though).

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Rockauto is gunna be about your best bet.. I spent 450 bucks on balljoints, and idler and pitman arm and that was running it through my buddies shop :bawl: good front end parts aren't cheap

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I hear you on that. I think I may just go with the ebay kit made in usa that includes pitman arm, idler arm, both inner/outter tie rods, upper/lower balljoints and a few other goodies for like $160 :D

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ughhh i know! lol just after buying tires that cost as muh as a small car I need to get inner tie rods and hub bearings done so these tires don't wear weird. Guess I'll just replace those parts with real quality shit instead of replacing EVERYTHING with shitty shit lol if that makes sense. Moog and Tenkehim or whatever all the way.

After I get the necessities out the way I can slowly do everything with moog but first gotta be inners & hub bearings

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
Might as well stick with what you got if you get the ebay setup :imo:

Remember, you get what you pay for..

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Remember, you get what you pay for..
That's true with many a things, especially hookers.

Going up to Napa tmrw going to buy the Napa brand hub bearings @ $13fucking5 dollars each so they better be worth 2 shits. Then I'll worry with the inner tie rods. Where is the best place to buy the moog shit? Ebay?

Griffin

·
GMFS Military Member
207 Posts
Hubs on these trucks are cake, even easier with air tools. Google Rock-Auto for your parts, very cheap. I went with raybestos pro (I think.. don't go with base raybestos, though).
+1 for rockauto I get my parts from there. Got both my upper control arms with balljoints and bushings ready to go out of the box to my door for 210...pretty much a steal for NNBS Moog arms IMO :)

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guys quick question does rock auto carry the moog parts I can just get it from them?
Think I'm gonna get the Napa Hub bearings and then just order the tie rods from rock auto and get moog if they offer it...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was just recently told about MasterPro (I think) parts from the guy at orriely, I am considering getting them instead of Moog. Like half the price, and still a lifetime warrenty.

·
GMFS Military Member
207 Posts
Yeah rockauto carries moog. That's all ill use for my suspension if I can help it..

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had 35's on my obs and wheeled it ALOT. I went with moog tie-rods and balljoints and timekin bearings. I went with advanced auto cv's. they were pretty crappy. I went through 6 in 2 1/2 years but they had a lifetime warranty and because of the 6" lift I could change them with little hassle. When I replaced anything else in the front end I went with the best I could find. A lifetime warranty will save you money but it sucks when stuff breaks or wears out every six months.

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well only good thing is this one doesn't get wheeled ever. It's really a work truck haha. Anyway, I'm buying my hub's @ Napa F'ing $135/piece! The inner tie rods I want to buy MOOG!!!

·
mud racing
155 Posts
for hub units I have used junkyard ones plenty of times on my jeeps. I find lowest mileage vehicle that doesn't have mud caked underneath of it and grab them. I have never had luck with aftermarket ones lasting as long as factory ones. cost $20 for both at the local u-pull it

1 - 20 of 30 Posts