GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just got my dash cover in yesterday. I was going the easy way out by getting that instead of sanding the whole top dash. Well I was wrong!! :flame: This thing is crap!! Total shit crap!! It's made out of nothing and doesn't even fit right. I should have known better. :crazy: Plus you'd have to have some real fexible paint or it would crack and peel! Looks like I've got some more sanding to do!!! Just thought I'd let ya'll know before one of you bought one.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sending it back next week. There is no way that it could be worth $250 IMO. I'll be taking out mine and sanding it pretty soon.

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
Thats weird to hear that. Mine fits perfect and I love it. It fit around every contour and seemed to be firm enough to paint. I know the owner of Nu Image personally and Ive looked in his truck and it has held up very nicely. Very weird.....

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
I'm sending it back next week. There is no way that it could be worth $250 IMO. I'll be taking out mine and sanding it pretty soon.
Wouldnt it be cheaper to have a shop sand and paint the entire dash for less than $250?

MotoHead

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well sanding is no problem to me. That's what I'm going to do. I just liked the flames and how it looked but I must have got a shitty one or something.

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
See if they will send you a new one. It is possible it was just a bad one or a bad batch or something. Mine fits perfect everywhere.

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
I have pics on my computer at home.......Ill get some new pics of it today. I dont have it painted yet, only because I am waiting to do the rest of my interior with it.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
IntroWheels said:
I have pics on my computer at home.......Ill get some new pics of it today. I dont have it painted yet, only because I am waiting to do the rest of my interior with it.
That's cool, all my other dash parts are still at the painters. I miss my damn truck so much!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I guy I know also purchased this dash piece.

It's very flimsy and the shop even said it didn't fit correctly either.

So you are not the only one.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LoChevyGRL said:
I guy I know also purchased this dash piece.

It's very flimsy and the shop even said it didn't fit correctly either.

So you are not the only one.
Yeah mine is flimsy too. That's why I mentioned about the paint having to be real flexible. Cause you have to bend it a little in certain areas to get it onto the dash.

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
atomoverride said:
So does any one have some pictures of this dash cover or what? I was thinking of getting one but cover it in leather.
Heres the 3D flames one:

And heres the smooth one:

MotoHead

1 - 20 of 23 Posts