GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What transfercases can I bolt up to these two transmissions and what transfercase can be adapted to these two transmissions? Driver side drop and passenger side drop doesnt matter i'll swap a f350 king pin dana 60 under it if it comes down to it. This will make or break my plans for a vortec swap I think ill just be better off building the 454.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,693 Posts
What transfercases can I bolt up to these two transmissions and what transfercase can be adapted to these two transmissions? Driver side drop and passenger side drop doesnt matter i'll swap a f350 king pin dana 60 under it if it comes down to it. This will make or break my plans for a vortec swap I think ill just be better off building the 454.
You know the same transmissions bolt up to both the 454 and ls based motors right?

You could use the th400 or sm465 that is in it now with either engine

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know the same transmissions bolt up to both the 454 and ls based motors right?
So a sm465 bolts straight to a 6.0 vortec? No modifications to the fly wheel or anything needed it just bolts in and youll be able to drive?

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,693 Posts
So a sm465 bolts straight to a 6.0 vortec? No modifications to the fly wheel or anything needed?
You would have to use the flywheel from the 6.0 and the clutch from the sm465. But I cannot remember off hand which size it was.

However you need to spend more time on Google as if this is where you are getting hung up you are going to have a lot more issues

1 - 4 of 4 Posts