GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im doing a little service on the truck this weekend like oil change, fuel filter, etc and was wondering if i should change my o2 sensors also. It has 83k on it, but still runs fine. Seeing as they are about $70 a pop id rather not change them enless its going to give me better mpg or some kind of benefit.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Do it! They do get tired and typically crap out around 80-100K

Performance-wise, worn O2 sensors are the primary reason for excessive emissions because they don't send accurate fuel-burn information to the vehicle's computer. Tired oxygen sensors can also cause engine surging and hesitating, and they accelerate catalytic-converter damage.

http://www.mr2.com/TEXT/O2_Sensor.html

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very informative link, thanks. will the bosche ones from autozone perform nicely or is there any other brands you would recommend?

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
very informative link, thanks. will the bosche ones from autozone perform nicely or is there any other brands you would recommend?
Bosch is excellent I replaced mine with them. I believe the OEMs are even stamped Bosch :rofl2: In a AC DELCO package

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Bosch, AC delco, NGK all are good, overall, for most GM truck needs. Might want to get you some pb blaster and an O2 sensor socket while you're at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts