GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Draggers Inc.
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any body is running this compressor or knows sombody that is.Frame Work Customs is bagging my truck and since i am building a 1000 HP Rat, i thought i would go with an electric compressor.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
its a winch motor with a pump attached to it. I would say get you an engine driven compressor instead. you can get one for cheaper than an Oasis and less of an alt, less wiring

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
go with an engine driven... alot faster... alot less noise
Although it will fill the tanks faster, i doubt he wants the extra draw on the motor, especially if he is building a 1000 hp rat :naughty:

The Oasis is a costly option, but should do you very well! Goodluck with the motor buildup as well :burnout:

·
Draggers Inc.
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what i have read the oasis is faster than engine driven,Frame Work Customs has already ordered the oasis.I had the alternator built to a 180 amp and a deep cycle yellow top optima.Maybe that will be enough.I am running two 5 gallon and two three gallon tanks.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
Although it will fill the tanks faster, i doubt he wants the extra draw on the motor, especially if he is building a 1000 hp rat :naughty:

The Oasis is a costly option, but should do you very well! Goodluck with the motor buildup as well :burnout:
i'd think an huge altenator would have a similar effect...

·
Registered
150 Posts
I talked to the guy at SEMA about them. The only downsides are they are very expensive, much more then my engine driven, and they need to be protected from moisture unless you pay even more to get it a protective case so it can be mounted underneath or in the bed. They are also fairly loud.

·
Draggers Inc.
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
an032nv said:
I talked to the guy at SEMA about them. The only downsides are they are very expensive, much more then my engine driven, and they need to be protected from moisture unless you pay even more to get it a protective case so it can be mounted underneath or in the bed. They are also fairly loud.
It's going to be mounted underneath the the bed on the inside of the frame.
From what i have read from oasis site it can get wet if you relocate the intake filter and crankcase breather to a dry location with hoses and barbs.Frame Work customs said they were going to do so.

·
Registered
563 Posts
im runnin the oasis 1000 hp. it pulls tons of power and also has a thermal overload. if it gets to hot u have to wait for about 5-10 minutes before it kicks back on. its a great compressor but it has its draw backs. i fill 20 gal. of air in about 5 minutes or less.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
how many amps does it pull? I know it's like 100+, but anyone know an exact number? You may want to run 2 batteries, and wire them in parallel to each other.

·
LOW BLOW CUSTOMS
238 Posts
wire them babies up in series, the oasis can run @ 24 volts, MUCH FASTER fill times... i'd love to see that 1000HP rat,l but i don't understand why everyone has to build a bagged dragster...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts