GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this goes in here... Anyway, does anyone run any kind of OBD II Diagnostic Software for there truck? I'm keeping my truck forever and the buggy will be run with a modified vortec 454 intake EFI system. So the need for a Diagnostic software system is needed. I settled on the Digimoto Elm Scan System and it seems nice on the website but it won't be here till next week. Anyone else know of any better ones? I wasn't having much luck searching the net for them, I could find some kick ass ones for Audi's and stuff but nothing for the VPW style GM stuff.

Hmm, there sites down right now.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
My friend has this for his suburban, ive only used it once but it was very nice when I did use it.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He has the Digimoto system or just a diag system? Good to hear if it's the Digimoto. I'm looking forward to getting, my truck likes to throw an SES light every now and then and it sucks going to the dealer to read codes. The vibrations from my truck like to kill sensors relatively fast. I'd also like to look at the fuel trim for both banks and stuff like that.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
its the digimoto one, i used it to pull my codes awhile back. You know autozone will also pull codes if you have one around, or almost any parts place.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All of the Autozones around here stopped doing that about a year ago, said it was not worthwhile for them to do it for free. And after seeing the dude at Autozone test my battery by touching the 2 probes of the tester do the plastic battery casing I'm never letting them go near my truck again.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
I may have to try that one....right now I'm using Autotap and curious to how it compares...

Their site appears to be down...

Cameron

·
Registered
241 Posts
I use AutoTAP and EFILivev5/v6. EFILive is designed for 99+ Vortec/LS based engines only. Really straight forward and has some true "diagnostic" abilities.

AutoTAP works on just about anything produced after 1996....assuming you purchase the correct cable. Not nearly as fun as EFILive, but EXTREMELY configurable. It is a reporting tool only, meaning it only shows you what is going on and what the sensors are saying. Its only other function is to clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes. I paid $400 for the complete AutoTAP and find it indispensible.

If you do have an 99+ GM vehicle I highly recommend EFILive because it allows true diagnostic assistance. You can change timing advance, fuel curves, shut down individual injectors, lock the transmission in gear and much much more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts