GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Theus
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 sierra and the OBDII port doesn't want to communicate with the computer when a scanner or programmer is hooked up. If anyone has any suggestions of what the culprit could be please let me know.

Sent from my Rock using a Chisel

·
Registered
230 Posts
Do u have remote start? And is it tapped into the data wire on the obd2 port?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

·
Theus
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it was all stock when I got it besides an ancient hands free calling system from 04/05.

·
Registered
230 Posts
No it was all stock when I got it besides an ancient hands free calling system from 04/05.
Oh ok. Jw cuz my remote start taps into the data wire and I put a spade on it because I discovered that it has to be unplugged for my tuner to adjust the tune of for the inspection place to do the emission test

·
Registered
230 Posts
remote start would block flashing but wont block general communication. Kind of weird it powers up but wont read anything.
Exactly. It does block flashing.

·
Theus
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have an edge evolution programmer and it won't even read the vin# to set it up. I have tried it on other trucks to make sure the programmer isn't faulty but it works every time.

·
Registered
230 Posts
There's a fuse for that port under the hood too. May even be one in the inside fuse box on drivers side of the dash. Check ur fuses

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,380 Posts
Communication line does not provide the power. The power is pulled from the pos and neg ports on the obd ii. There is something wrong with your communication wire

·
Theus
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Communication line does not provide the power. The power is pulled from the pos and neg ports on the obd ii. There is something wrong with your communication wire
This is what I feared..... I checked all the fuses and couldn't find a single blown one.

·
2014 CC Denali 6.2
1,221 Posts
My mom had an 05 that would only pull/reset codes if it was running if I remember right. it was different from every other OBD2 I had ever hooked up to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Everything works. I've got power at the obd but it won't communicate. I do have a car starter and after market radio, but both have been professionally installed for about 3 years now. This is just recent that it hasn't worked. About 3 weeks now

·
Theus
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've still not found a solution.... My truck was bone stock when I discovered it. If you find a fix, please let me know!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts