·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured Id write up a 4inch lift spindle install on a 95 2wd pickup
This is just to help people in case anyone wants a little help

This is what i started with
000000.jpg

The first thing you want to do is start off with a clean work area. Here is a basic layout of tools give or take and dont forget to set your ebrake

1. A good hydraulic jack
2.good jackstands

3.a good socket set and 9/16 and 7/16 wrenches
4.fresh cotter pins
5.snips
6.big ol hammer

First thing youll do is jack up the truck under the frame rail and take the tire off one side at a time, then you will want to remove the two bolts on the brake line tab and remove the caliper but dont let it hang, I used a piece of rope and hung it through a hole in the frame, Second remove the tie rod end, then take off dust cap and hang it if you have abs its just 3 bolts then you will want to undo the cotterpin and castle nut and slide the rotor off, then undo the shock mounts then remove castle nuts from upper and lower ball joints, Now for the ball joints, I just hammered em out, Replace if needed or at last resort use a pickle fork.

Then remove the steering stop or it will bind with the brake line remove the factory spindle assembly

Then you will proceed with the new spindles,first put a jack under the lca,
and then insert the new spindle and put everything back and repeat on the other side
NOTE THE NEIGHBORS SUPER CAT
da.jpg

I however didnt have it that easy, My brake lines were 4 inches to short and I had to do some work to get them going, Ill post of pics of what i had to do with the passenger and driver side.

drivers side

daniel1lift.jpg

passenger side you will need to grind and bend the brackets,
daniel3lift.jpg

daniel4lift.jpg

Well I hope this helps a little pm me with any questions

final product

daniel005.jpg

with 33s

Picture092.jpg

·
GMFS MoPar/Air Force Crew
5,457 Posts
Much better :head:

Nice write-up too.

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Before I first installed the lowering kit on the Yukon. I thought about lifting the shit out of it.

Looks good dude. Nice write up:shake:

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, I did the lift about 5-6 weeks ago but I deciding to make it easier for people who want to lift

btw jim you and ryan suck :rofl2:

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great man. I'd recommend extended brake hoses as opposed to rigging the brackets though.
The brackets are good, They said in the instructions just to bend the shit out of em but I didnt want to thats why we manipulated the brackets, Its as safe as stock and has no strain on hoses.

Hopefully ill have some 33s under there next week

1 - 7 of 7 Posts