GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am getting a 6" procomp lift, 17x9 black 8090 wheels and I want 37" procomp mud terrains. my question is will they fit with only 6" of lift and a good crank? I can't do a body lift cause of my ranch hand but I still want to fit 37's also I want pocket style flares, do they take away any needed clearance in the fenders? The reason why I am going all pro comp is because they can get me a good deal on a all procomp package at 4wheel parts. So guys could you post some pics of an OBS with 6" and 37's and no body lift? Thanks:bowtie:

·
Architecture owns me
2,351 Posts
I know it can be done with stock wheels Maxxis just did it to his OBS... looks good 17x9s might work but you will most likely have to trim and crank it some

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I plan to crank some more anyway. I really don't want to do cutout flares but Iwill if I have to.

·
Registered
711 Posts
it might be able to be done but i don't think it's gonna look too clean. my brother has a 6" procomp on 35" bfg mud terrains and it rubbed pretty bad with any kind of flex. the tires might clear with normal driving but if you plan to go offroad, i don't think a 37" tire will work

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Sure it will, just run 6.5" of BS and a narrow rim...just like a stock wheel. Some trimming may be required of the air dam and inner fender for full bump at lock, but its managable. The tires will stuff if you tuck them in, if you increase the scrub radius by much you'll have to add more lift to compensate.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Yes you can. My buddy is running 37" SSR's on his 95 silverado with a 6" pro-comp lift. The truck is redneck as hell(triple shock hoops in front and 4 in the back) but he clears them without much issues. He didn't even trim anything.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
You'll fit 37's just fine.

Make sure you get a 6" full-drop lift. Be willing to crank 1-2 inches if needed. Your ranchhand may have caused the front torsion bars to sag a little. You may need Ford keys or heavier duty GL bars to compensate for the ranchhand weight, and the 1-2 inches you want to crank. Be willing to trim a tad... mainly on the front valence and on the rear portion of the fenders... cut a little plastic and bend the sheet metal back.

Fender flares will actually provide less tire clearance. They kind of wrap around the inside of the wheel well about 1", which just puts one more thing in the way of the 37's. Cut-out flares are different, they actually open up the wheel wells. I'm assuming by pocket flares, you just mean regular fender flares.

Also, I'd stick with a 12.50" wide tire and nothing wider than 10". An 8" or 9" wide wheel would work better.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Stock OBS Z-71 rims 37x12.50 SSR's 5"superlift cranked about an inch.
Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture006.jpg

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sure it will, just run 6.5" of BS and a narrow rim...just like a stock wheel. Some trimming may be required of the air dam and inner fender for full bump at lock, but its managable. The tires will stuff if you tuck them in, if you increase the scrub radius by much you'll have to add more lift to compensate.
Are there any 4X4 aftermarket rims that have close to a 6" or 6.5" BS?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
My stock Z-71 rims are 5.75" IIRC i put a tape measure on them and thats what i came out with.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
friend of mine is running 37x12.5x15 iroks on a cranked cepek on his 98 Z. his rims are x10 too, some rubbing while going up steep inclines. Those 37" procomps more than likely wont measure up anyway

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
friend of mine is running 37x12.5x15 iroks on a cranked cepek on his 98 Z. his rims are x10 too, some rubbing while going up steep inclines. Those 37" procomps more than likely wont measure up anyway
:word: im running the cepek kit also with minimal crank and I could fit a 37x12.5 easily. Im not sure how the pro comp kit measures up to the cepek, but im sure youll fit fine for everyday driving. Its the offroad action i would be worried bout'

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't believe no one has started a fight oveer me wanting procomp on this site. over on FSC there is like 80 posts of procomp sucks but with little explanation why:gayfight: . Could I get some pics of an obs with the pro comp 6" lift?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the procomp site says the tires I want are 36.9" so damn close to 37" but IDK how the do their measuring. The kit, 17 x9 wheels and 37" tires only costs me $3088

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know but everyone on FSC has a problem with procomp even though very few have ever dealt with the lift. I just don't know what to do now procomp is so cheap and I can get everything for right around $3000 or go rancho and spend $300 more for less of a lift I just don't want to do that. but oh well. TikiClub, where did you buy your lift?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have to agree damn nice obs, march 12 i when I am supposed to get the lift installed cause it is my spring break and I can help my dad install it.

·
Team Volvo
1,620 Posts
resize4.gif

ACF9C10.gif

-one of the best looking OBS's IMO. procomp 6", 36" PJ's on 15x12 welds. he is, or was a member on here?
Yes, that was a members truck on here. I dont remember his name, but he sold that truck and now has a newer truck IIRC. He owns a company or works for a company that manufactures nerf bars and tubing products.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts