GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an awesome deal on a used 4" procomp lift for my gf's 2 door tahoe. Now i have a few questions.

It seems to be missing the torsion bar drop down bracket, rear u bolts and also some hardware but i would expect to replace a lot of the hardware anyways. Can i buy the torsion drop seperate?

Is this lift any good? I know procomp made a revised version of their 6" lift but what about the 4" lift?

How hard is it to install? I'm pretty knowledgable with front end and suspension just never done a lift before.

Also it says that it requires some welding. I have a small lincoln flux core welder but I'm not sure if i would trust my welding skills and I dont think that my welder is powerful enough. What needs to be welded and can i bring it to a shop after the lift to have it welded up?

Feel free to post pics of obs trucks or suv's with 4" lift.

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,898 Posts
i have some torsion bar drop brackets from a superlift that will fit a truck and 2door hoe

also what are you calling a good deal? cranking the bars and adding a 140dollor 3inch body will give you room for 36s

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would those brackets work for only a 4" lift?

Its $1200 for the lift and front-rear axles regeared with 4.56 gears and LSD. The rear is a 14 bolt sf. Also inlcudes the whole front suspension including control arms and spindles, newer cv axles, etc.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He has no clue. He got the lift as it is and all of the brackets seem to be straight.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
He has no clue. He got the lift as it is and all of the brackets seem to be straight.
hmm....sounds kinda suspicious if you ask me...i can see if the rear axle wasn't with it, maybe someone did a SAS, but maybe they lost interest, but the rear is geared the same too, not a stock ratio :hmm: it could be the deal of the week, or one heap of fucking problems, it's not from an auto recycler is it?

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm....sounds kinda suspicious if you ask me...i can see if the rear axle wasn't with it, maybe someone did a SAS, but maybe they lost interest, but the rear is geared the same too, not a stock ratio :hmm: it could be the deal of the week, or one heap of fucking problems, it's not from an auto recycler is it?
I'm not sure i just found it in the local classifieds. lives about a hundred miles away but he said he can deliver it. I might go check it out if i put my truck back together tomorrow.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
I'm not sure i just found it in the local classifieds. lives about a hundred miles away but he said he can deliver it. I might go check it out if i put my truck back together tomorrow.
yea sounds like a good deal, maybe he built a fucking monster and swapped in rockwell or something, god only knows..

·
Bad Luck is all i got.
1,483 Posts
Worst case you could just buy some realift torsion bar relocators. bout 250 bucks and you wouldnt need the drop down.

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Worst case you could just buy some realift torsion bar relocators. bout 250 bucks and you wouldnt need the drop down.
and it would look a LOT cleaner!

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:word: I'm just not sure about the welding part. And my thoughts are the part that needs to be welded is not inlcuded.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I'll just say i hate my procomp lift and i have a friend that feels the same about his and his wifes

·
Registered
40 Posts
the only reason i dont like 4" because new they are the same price as a 6", so you will only be paying extra for a larger tire size, but since its a deal i would say go for it

·
Maniac
692 Posts
I had a Pro Crap lift and it wouldn't allow me to align my front end properly. Every single shop (probably 10) told me the lift was junk, crap, take it off, get a new one...
Got a Fabtech and my alignment was instantaneously perfect and I never had anymore issues. This was on one of my old trucks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts