GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Not Rockin' It Stock
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that the escalades came with rear disk brakes or at least some factory GM so I can simply get the calipers and brackets and do a rear disk swap. My brakes need to be gone through and I figured rather than getting new drums and hardware I could just make the switch to disk brakes.

I thought there was a post here some time ago, but I can't seem to find it anymore. But if anyone has the part numbers or just what truck it will work for I can find the rest.

Thanks in advance

·
Not Rockin' It Stock
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump..........

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think I read on tahoeforum that if you want to do it with GM parts you have to completely swap the axle.

There was a kit someone over there posted a few times $250 or $300 from ebay to do discs without a whole axle swap.

·
Not Rockin' It Stock
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I read on tahoeforum that if you want to do it with GM parts you have to completely swap the axle.

There was a kit someone over there posted a few times $250 or $300 from ebay to do discs without a whole axle swap.
That seems dumb, I thought the Tahoes and the trucks shared the same rear axles.

I'll have to jump over there and take a look around. I thought you could do a bolt on swap, at least from an impalla SS since they used the 8.5" rear axle, but the impallas were 5 lug so that wouldn't really do my any good

·
Not Rockin' It Stock
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think they do it's just the obs pickups had rear drums too until they went nbs but the pickups went nbs a year or 2 before the suvs.
Well I found a set of rims for my truck on the tahoeforum, but nothing on brakes LOL

But didn't the 99 deneli or the escalades come with disk brakes?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts