GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking at buying either a rough country 6" or a dick cepek 6.5" lift kit for my 99 classic chevy. I was looking at the install instructions on the website for rough country and I see that you have to cut and drill on the front end. My question is "do you have to cut and drill on all OBS chevy lifts or is it just this rough country one. I would love to get one that is easy to install but a good strong lift. On top of that question why is it that every offroad shop I go to I tell them I want a dick cepek stage II lift and they start throwing a fit about how they are out of date, they dont make those no more, you cant find parts if you do find one, they want to charge me an arm and a leg to install blah blah blah. whats the deal??

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
you can buy the Dick Cepek brand new from http://extremesuspensions.com/

on the dick cepek lift you need to cut one of the stock differential brackets, grind a little bit off of the side of the diff (maybe, its just for extra clearance) and drill into your frame

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
I think that dick cepek obviously doesn't run mainstream with pro comp, rough country, superlift, etc. I think the general reasoning behind them not wanting to install it is because they do not sell it. All that bullshit about it being out of date is just their shitty way of throwing excuses at you to buy one of their lifts. Cepek is by far one of the top, if not the top lift for the obs trucks. I run it and so do alot of other guys here and noone has bad feedback on it. There is a member on here and fullsizechevy that is a dick cepek dealer out of alabama. I went to his shop to have it installed and watched him put the whole thing on. His name on fullsizechevy.com is bigredz, but I don't know his username on this forum. Maybe someone will chime in with that info.
I got the stage I from him for about $1090
and i think the stage II is something like $1250?

hope i could be of some help.

·
Registered
172 Posts
all full drop Kits like cepek and rough country involve cutting and drilling, kunkle type lifts are suppose to be easier to install. Cepek kits are still going the are owned by Extreme suspensions. get that kit you will not be dissapointed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info guys. I really want the cepek lift so I can possible get the 36s I want to get. It cant be that hard to lift by myself.

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
I know you could comfortably fit 36's..just look at phils tahoe. Im gonna see if i cant get 37's under mine this summer.

I would highly recommend atleast calling brett (bigredz) and get his suggestions on the do it yourself install. His number got erased from my phone but if you just call Quality Muffler and Brake in Jasper, AL you should be able to get a hold of him. His grandfather runs that shop.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
All kits require cutting. once one there is no going back.

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
I know you could comfortably fit 36's..just look at phils tahoe. Im gonna see if i cant get 37's under mine this summer.

I would highly recommend atleast calling brett (bigredz) and get his suggestions on the do it yourself install. His number got erased from my phone but if you just call Quality Muffler and Brake in Jasper, AL you should be able to get a hold of him. His grandfather runs that shop.
brett knows his shit, escpecially about that lift

1 - 9 of 9 Posts