GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 97 Tahoe 4x4. It has been lowered, 2/3. I have 22x10 3 piece Asanti's that I want to install, but the front rims stick out when I test fitted my Weld Evo 22x9.5's by about 2 inches.

Is there anyway to go fix this? The welds dont stick out at all on my NBS 01 2wd Silvy. I dont want to sell the 3 piece Asanti's for a factory 20" wheel with no lip.

Please help! lol

·
Registered
432 Posts
u get the right offset?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Jason, thats just how the OBS 4x4s are. Thats what I have noticed on a couple others that are lowered. I hate it. I have about a 2-4 drop on mine and my front tires stick out too much. Also when I hit a bad bump, my tires rub my fenders up front. I want to get some custom offset wheels so the amount they stick out all around matches.

What are your plans for the tahoe?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
u get the right offset?
They are a standard late model 6 lug offset. I think 6.25 inches of backspacing on a 9.5" wheel. I am pretty sure it a function of the suspension.

Jason, thats just how the OBS 4x4s are. Thats what I have noticed on a couple others that are lowered. I hate it. I have about a 2-4 drop on mine and my front tires stick out too much. Also when I hit a bad bump, my tires rub my fenders up front. I want to get some custom offset wheels so the amount the stick out all around matches.

What are your plans for the tahoe?
What up Archie. That sucks about the wheels sticking out, I tried 3 sets of aftermarket wheels and they all stuck out. :(

The Asanti's are a true 3 piece wheels which means I could have the front wheels fixed by having them taken apart and have different inner and outers installed.

I am going to keep it stock, hopefully! lol Maybe a few bolt ons, but nothing too serious. I dont want to fight the 4l60 like I did on my silvy.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I am going to keep it stock, hopefully! lol Maybe a few bolt ons, but nothing too serious. I dont want to fight the 4l60 like I did on my silvy.
Thats what I'm fighting right now. I think I broke a hard part inside. Right now it looks like I might be getting a Lev 5 FLT 4L65E but the 4L80E option is still on the table.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts