3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know procomp and fabtech make them but i cant find them online

Its a 3 inch kit with new control arms

Does anyone have links to find them cheap

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
ive got some forsale for cheap! and they are 3 inch coils i promise. i bought some fabtech ones and they were the same height

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but id need new lcas and ucas

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
why mine were on my stock control arms. and if its for the bj angle do the bj flip.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Id rather do it right

Ill prolly end up doing 2 inch coils and a 3 inch body and 36s this summer

9,803 Posts
you can go to extremesuspension.com and talk to them. They sell a 3" coil and upper control arm kit for your truck. It is made my Dick Cepek and you can order with or without shocks. It's CHEAP too but VERY VERY nice quality.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm any idea on price?

its for v8s what will it do on a v6

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
should not do anything else if it was Springs it would lift it about 1 inch more because yours is a v6 not a v8

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
enigine has nothing to do with lift. if he gears it he will have alot more mechanical advantage.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
enigine has nothing to do with lift. if he gears it he will have alot more mechanical advantage.
i was talking about the difference in weight of the v6 vs v8,

im guessing it will just ride really rough with the stiffer springs

Now the question is how to gear it

Anyone have any ideas if ill be able to do 65 with 5.13s and 32 inch tires

without being in overdrive

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
for your setup i suggest 4.88's and youll be fine. IMO go one step deeper than what a V8 would call for.

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
I know procomp and fabtech make them but i cant find them online

Its a 3 inch kit with new control arms

Does anyone have links to find them cheap
Since you use your truck, I would stay away from the Coil/UCA kits unless you like to replace balljoints and tie rods. I speak from experience. The fabtech coils are WAY too stiff and will cause you to top out hard which destroys the upper BJs. I replaced my fabtech coils with 2" Rough Country coils and it rides a lot better, but still tops out hard. If I were you, I would save the coin and get a long travel kit with an upper and lower control arm and use a soft riding coil like the Rough Countrys I have, or something similar.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Since you use your truck, I would stay away from the Coil/UCA kits unless you like to replace balljoints and tie rods. I speak from experience. The fabtech coils are WAY too stiff and will cause you to top out hard which destroys the upper BJs. I replaced my fabtech coils with 2" Rough Country coils and it rides a lot better, but still tops out hard. If I were you, I would save the coin and get a long travel kit with an upper and lower control arm and use a soft riding coil like the Rough Countrys I have, or something similar.
really?

I already have rc spindles/3inch blocks

Im definitly not gonna get a long travel kit they cost 3k

Maybe ill stick with 2 inch rc coils and ball joint spacers

My plans are to gear and lock my rear end first this summer

and then do a 3 inch body,coils and 36s

Do you think ill have any problems

When i do the coils, I may go ahead and upgrade my front end with moog balljoints, tierod ends

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Danny boy...I wouldn't recommend the coil and UCA lifts...but being that anything else is going to cost you big time...

Did you install shims with your spindles?

Don't install bj spacers!!

Yes, spindles and a 3" coil/UCA kit will be very hard on your front end.

No, you won't have problems, but you'll learn how to replace suspension componets pretty quickly.

upgrading would be good.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no shims with spindles>

how about 2 inch coils or 1.5 inch daystar spacers

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
no shims with spindles>

how about 2 inch coils or 1.5 inch daystar spacers
to run a coil/uca your going to have to have your upper bj whole enlarged on your spindle...this is NOT something you can do at home with a drill...has to be tapered.

you should be able to run a spacer just fine, although yeah itll be harder on your front end blah blah blah. Spacers, shocks, all 4 bj's, new blocks FTW imo. just makes the most sense for what you want to do. You've got to understand before hand, your truck will be pretty stiff and ride quality will be poor, but considering you want to throw on a bl and probably 35-36 inch swamper blems i doubt thats a concern of yours.

What about...saving for a front exle...??

9,803 Posts
if you wait a few days I will have pics of my buddies 95 Tahoe with 4" spindles and Dick Cepek 3" UCA/Coils lift on it.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
solid axle swap-4-5k

lift,gears,tires,locker-under 2k

that would be awesome brian what tires is he running?

btw my ride quality already sucks pretty bad

9,803 Posts
that would be awesome brian what tires is he running?
right now he has some 285/70R17's on 17x9's. That is what he had on the truck with the 4" spindle and it rubbed...so he got the UCA and coils and is going to see what he can fit once he rides it for a little while.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cool yeah i rub my tsls on the metal part of the bumper dont have anything to cut it though

1 - 20 of 29 Posts