GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DO IT OR DONT
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my truck decided to take a shit right before im about to go off to college. It was leaking coolant so i decided to change the intake gasket using the recommended felpro MS98000T to fix the problem. The old gasket i took out looked cracked and i assumed that was the problem well i button her back up and its still leaking only now the problem got worse.

So i took her back apart thinking i pinched a gasket or something and nope everything looked fine.

Put her back together still leaking.

So i decided to change the Head Gasket pulled everything back apart threw in the new gaskets and its still leaking.

Anyone have any suggestions ? Im guess now its either a cracked block or intake which really sucks. I really dont see how this could be because I havent had any real problems with the truck and take care of it.

Maybe there is something im not thinking of?

Thanks

·
DO IT OR DONT
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i figured it out today i guess i freaked out and jumped the gun on the question. It was the head gasket . Apparently it was dumping so much moisture into the exhaust that my muffler had water in it which was causing all the coolant burning smell. I just let it run for like 45min and it went away.

Im Glad the problem is fixed pressure tested and checked all fluid levels everything looks good

Thanks guys

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
pb blast everything and let it soak before you go into it, be careful pulling the manifolds, the bolts are known to break. and drain as much coolant as you can.

also they wiring harness, my buddy would cut the one set of wires to get the intake off instead of pulling the whole harness out around the front of the motor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts