GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a 2000 Denali cluster for $175, should i buy it. The guy totalled the denali front and he is selling parts off of it.

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
I almost bought one for $210.....I held off figuring I could find a better deal....Believe it or not, I snagged a perfect one for $75 shipped. You may be able to get one cheaper....but as hard as they are to come by, it's tough to say exactly what you should do....but there is one on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2481316495&category=33675

I'm just not really feeling the WFG's that are on it...but to each their own I suppose!!

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
You can find them cheaper but 175 is a good price....it's lower than the average price of 200-210.....

Cameron

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think im gonna get it, the dude is yanking it out of his denali today. And i told him to send pics of the front and back. I actually already have one but im skeptic about it. The one i got looks like and escalade one with the 120 and white needles and all but if you look on the back it says 97 C/K truck. It looks like its either a referbished one or they guy swapped his truck cluster back with the escalade ones guts and face. I havent gotten a chance to test it yet in my truck but ill priobably just sell it back on ebay. The one im gonna get is an actual original cluster.

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
99bluetahoe said:
I think im gonna get it, the dude is yanking it out of his denali today. And i told him to send pics of the front and back. I actually already have one but im skeptic about it. The one i got looks like and escalade one with the 120 and white needles and all but if you look on the back it says 97 C/K truck. It looks like its either a referbished one or they guy swapped his truck cluster back with the escalade ones guts and face. I havent gotten a chance to test it yet in my truck but ill priobably just sell it back on ebay. The one im gonna get is an actual original cluster.
Well the Denali Cluster I have said 97 C/K truck on the back as well....Looks and functions perfectly. The original cluster I had in my 98 Tahoe ALSO said 97 C/K Truck. So I doubt it's refurbished.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
The case is the same for all the clusters so it's very possible you'll find 99/2000 Esky/Denali/Tahoe Limited clusters w/ c/k cases on it.

Cameron

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh cool. so that means ill have two good clusters. i'll maybe put the other in my bros truck. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I might be intrested in the front seats if the guy still has them. Let me know.. My 2000 Esky cluster was marked with a 97 case as well.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the guy already sold the seats, console, and i believe door panels

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Wow...that dude came down on the cluster price. If it's the dude on ebay, I emailed him on the cluster and he quoted me 250 plus shipping...glad to see he dropped it to a somewhat realistic price.

Cameron

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
I think I know who both of you are talking about. He was selling the panels already and stated in his description that the seats and console were gone. I was asking him for like 5 small dash parts and he wanted $225 for em...I need em but thats pricey :(

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea so i didnt go with it, i just put the one i had in and it works great. Does anyone know of a speedo shop in the bay area that can cahnge my odometer.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Call around.....

You can also do it yourself....there was a thread about this not to long ago...lemme see if I can dig it up....

Cameron

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do they just easy come apart. All i see from the back are 3 clips. Do i pull hard, and it should just come apart from the face.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Those 3 clips need to be released then slowly and evenly pull them apart. The blue case will seperate from everything else....

Cameron

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the help, it was pretty easy. I was being as careful as possible though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts