GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm having quite a time diconnecting the linkage on my door handles. I've got the 2 bolts connecting the handle to the door out, but is there a way to access the two linkage points without taking the inner skin metal off? I struggled for a while, then figured someone would have an answer for me. Step by step would be even better. Thanks in advance :worship:

OBS btw.

·
Registered
640 Posts
dude, let me tell you..these door handles are the biggest pain in the ass. I replaced the door handle on our OBS farm truck. I said to myself if I ever owned a OBS and the door handle broke Id just trade that bastard in..thats how shitty it was. All I did to get it out was take out them two bolts and wiggle it all kinds of difference ways and basically had to force it out. Thats all you really can do. I had to wait until I got the handle completely out the door to take off the linkages.

·
Registered
405 Posts
It was easiest to pull the handle out as far as you can then disconnect the linkages, then reverse the process to install the new one

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There has to be a better way to do this, nyone . . . ?

And would it help to get to it by taking off that inner metal panle?

Thanks for the input tho :ninja:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
C'mon anyone else done this before? If I don't get em out soon I'll be screwed getting em painted before I go back to school. :bawl:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I wanted to get mine painted so I ordered a smooth set and my buddy is working on them. I found this while I was trying to figure out how to do this. I have removed the inside handle before but not the outside yet.

not looking foward to it

I have a how to in pdf format....how can I put it here? I can't remember where i found it, if you want instructions just let me know I I will shoot it to you in a email.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts