GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the part # for this?? I'm getting irritated having no luck on ebay....and at least if I bought new I'd know it was in good condition. Gotta go with gmpartsdirect.com I suppose!

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
You can't buy it new...they are discontinued. I'll pull my brothers and get the number off of it.

Cameron

·
Registered
113 Posts
Found this out last week, my original cluster is not working proper, so i went in to the dealer and they told me i would give them mine and i would get back another one with the correct mileage etc... Same deal with the escalade cluster, you have to do an exchange.

Is this something new they started doing? Physh1 when you say they stopped making them, were you able to walk into the dealer and buy it without an exchange?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
I did the mileage swap myself...I've bought all my caddy/denali/tahoe limited clusters off ebay. GM still makes the stock 100mpg clusters but they discontinued the 120mph caddy/denali/tahoe limited clusters.

Some dealers may still have some floating around along with some warehouses BUT GM does not make then new anymore last I knew.

Cameron

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
JP doesn't carry anything for OBS trucks....

Cameron

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
16176841 is the part number.

GMPD says the number doesn't exist and I called my 2 local dealers to verify it was discontinued and they verified it.

cameron

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn....that's a shame. So I wonder what they do in the case that someone with an OBS Escalade/Denali/Limited has their cluster go out...Replace it with a 100mph unit? That'd really suck... :pissed:

9,777 Posts
thedj75 said:
Damn....that's a shame. So I wonder what they do in the case that someone with an OBS Escalade/Denali/Limited has their cluster go out...Replace it with a 100mph unit? That'd really suck... :pissed:
Hell yea it would!

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
You can have them fixed....not like they are totally useless if they go out.

Cameron

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
There is one for sale on fullsizechevy by slmdlt1 if anyone wants one....they show up very rarely.

Cameron

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Woo Hoo!!!
Got my cluster....$75 shipped!!! Got it installed today and it looks and works awesome! A lot more blue than I thought it would be, but it's killer!

But now, the mileage....
Cameron, you said you switched the mileage yourself....If you could tell me how to do this that'd be great. I could use the $$$ I'd save! :)

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
You've got to pull the cluster cases apart. After the cases are popped apart you'll see 4 torx screws that are holding the odometers/tripmeter into place. Remove them on both clusters, remover the odometers/tripmeters, swap, then remount.

It's easier to remove them both as the linkage is already aligned....if you try to mate the odometer from one to the tripmeter from another you could fault the odometer...that is what you don't wanna do.

You'll also have to disconnect the wire from the circuit board to get them out...yop'll see what I mean when you pop the cases apart.

Pretty simple.

Cameron

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So when you say pull them apart, does that mean from the back?? Or take the gauge face and needles off from the front? I guess I can try this later today...I'll just end up being off about 20miles since I have to go to work...lol

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
The black guage face, with needles, and the guts will seperate from the blue case. One the back of the blue case you'll see a few clips that attach to the circuit board...get them loose and slowly seperate the case from the cluster face assembly.

Cameron

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just bought a escalade cluster and tried to switch the odometer's, but when i got down the pulling the little box that contains the l.e.d. screen of the odometer i realized that there are these 6-8 prongs on the one side that are soldered through the circuit board that are keeping me from pulling it all the way out. Is this a different model of gauges then what you guys are talking about? Am I doing something wrong? Help me, please. I dont want to spend $200 to have the dealer install and reprogram.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Sounds like your doing that on a NBS truck. You cannot swap odometers on those....you must have them reprogrammed to swap mileage over OR use a mileage sticker to place on your door jam. Here are pics of the cluster we are talking about:

http://www.whosnextracing.com/obsclusters.htm

Cameron

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn....I didn't want to have to take off the needles. I'm a little nervous about taking them on and off and keeping them in the right spot to function properly. And now since I've driven about 23 miles with the new cluster in, the old one would be off by that much. Should I just save myself the hassle and bring my truck to a shop and have them reset the odo. in new cluster?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
You don't need to take the needles off. The face, needles, and guts come out as one piece:read:

Cameron

1 - 20 of 21 Posts