GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I snagged the ever elusive Escalade/Denali/Tahoe Limited cluster...I'm not sure which of the three it came out of...or if there is a difference. But that's what I aim to find out. The new cluster is a very blue color when lit...I've heard that these cluster lit a more teal color which would have a green-ish hue to it but these are quite blue and don't look teal to me. So the thing is...now that I have the gauges that light blue....I'm only assuming that the rest of the button's and switches light blue as well?? Such as the 4x4 buttons, window switch buttons, headlight control, rear hatch button, rear wiper button.....So I want to get all these to match the blue color. I just want to make sure if there is a difference between the three trucks, like maybe they are all the same blue color, or maybe the Tahoe Limited is Blue while the Denali and/or Escalade is Teal. If anyone can clarify this for me that'd be awesome!!!
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
All the cluster light the same stock but swapping in LED's into the cluster for different backlit color is easy. Does your cluster have hot spots on it? Meaning where the color is concentrated heavy in one spot? If so, sounds like someone dropped LED's in it already. Do you have a pic of it lit?

Cameron

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No hotspots or LED's, I checked that when I installed it. Pulled all the bulbs out of the back and they were all standard 194's. I'll be able to get a picture of it tonight when I get home. Who knows...maybe I'm either just trippin or got a weird cluster. LOL

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Who knows....the stock lighting is teal. I've had a esky one, a hoe limited one, and seem a denali one and they were all lit the same.

Cameron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts