GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gotta Pay to Play
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, just about to completely redo my system, and while I actually work as a stereo installer, I still am coming up with nothing on where to mount my amps in my OBS ECSB. Have plenty of room on the back wall, which is where I prefer to have them, but I don't want to drill through the back of the cab in order to do so. What can I do to mount my amps securely, while also having it as a very clean, reliable setup. Pics would be awesome also!! Thanks guys
--Josh

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Why not mount a piece of plywood/MDF to the back wall and then mount the amps to it? Yeah you'll still have a few holes back there, but who will see them?

·
:bishplz:
5,053 Posts
I think the only secure way is to mount them to the wall or the back of the seat maybe? They might move too much that way and I don't know if you are even keeping the seat. I have my amp on the hump under the seat and a sub on each side of the hump, not sure what kinda setup your gonna run though, two amps wouldn't fit on the hump.

9,778 Posts
I had mine on the back wall mounted to a very thin piece of wood in my Z....I beat on that truck a good amount and every after a wreck that totaled it out, i never had a problem with it vibrating. Also NEVER had any overheating problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts