GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i put a flip kit on my 97 standard cab. i had already taken a leaf spring out and i left the drop shackels on it. and it rides like shit. i have never been in a truck that rides as rough as mine does. just wondering if anyone has any suggestions

·
LayNBodyOn24z
1,702 Posts
hopefully you have a notch. I would also put stock shackles back on it to raise it up just a little...

·
Bagged and Bodydropped
1,750 Posts
Thats like a 9 inch drop, I couldnt imagine a regular notch even helping with that...

6" flip + 1" Removed leaf + 2" Shackles = Shitty ride.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes it is...but i have a notch and everything...and the tire barley sets under the fender...so it is not extremely low..but a shitty ride

·
Bagged and Bodydropped
1,750 Posts
yes it is...but i have a notch and everything...and the tire barley sets under the fender...so it is not extremely low..but a shitty ride
What kind of shocks are you running? and are you running relocators to correct the bad shock angle?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they are stock shocks and yes they have the locators...and i can not ever get a pic to do right

·
LayNBodyOn24z
1,702 Posts
you will need drop shocks i would think... Just because you have the relocators the shocks are still prob. bottomed out.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
i had a flip, hangers, n shackles. it was around 10" drop. i had a bolt in notch that didnt do shit and even with the shock relocaters n stock shocks they were still fully compressed. buy diff shcoks maybe bigger notch and helper bags :imo

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Take the shocks out and your rear will probably drop another 3-4 inches. Then buy the appropriate length shocks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok...i think my shocks are the originals...so i will try that and see if that helps out any

1 - 15 of 15 Posts