·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IFS Front End
10 Bolt Rear (assuming 3.73)
33's
No lift

I can't seem to find anything at skummit...

Anyone around here have some contacts or websites for a set of 4.10's for my truck?

Is it possible to do the gears in the front?

Are there any web sites that give a step by step picture diagram of how to do gears on an OBS?

Are there any rear end parts obtainable used IE; from a salvage yard?

I currently have a humming/vibration from the right rear and I am thinking that it may be one of the bearings in my rear axle.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Get new parts, Yukon or precsision IMO

·
I'm Michael, you're Tito.
122 Posts
I just did the 14b conversion...its pure beef now :endofshow Seriously, all you need is that u joint. I matched my 35 ssr's with 4.56 and put in a truetrac as well...best money ever spent on the truck...period.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Go with more gear if you're doing the swap. There are 4.30:1 gears now that fit the IFS...

·
Suburbanite
592 Posts
IFS Front End
10 Bolt Rear (assuming 3.73)
33's No lift

Anyone around here have some contacts or websites for a set of 4.10's for my truck?
\

Check out (www.dc4wd.com). I got a set of Precision 4.56 Gears plus Master Overhaul kits for my 9.5SF and 9.25"IFS for $560.00 shipped to my door. I think the 10 bolt and the 8.25" IFS would probably be a little cheaper. The F&R gears alone were $354.00 shipped.:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok.. I purchased a 14blt rear end from a private party drum to drum with shocks, lines and spring perches for $175.

I want to assure that they have the right gearing.. what can i look for to see what gears it has... is it stamped on the ring gear somewhere?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Carquest Ujoint P/N 2-1153 $27
Summit Racing P/N PCN-447 $25

Both made by Precision Universal Joints/Federal Mogul

This u-joint adapts the Saginaw S44 Drive Shaft to the Spicer 1350 Yoke.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Ok.. I purchased a 14blt rear end from a private party drum to drum with shocks, lines and spring perches for $175.

I want to assure that they have the right gearing.. what can i look for to see what gears it has... is it stamped on the ring gear somewhere?
should be stamped on the ring gear somewhere near the teeth if i remember right

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,655 Posts
and then dropping the front diff myself and bringing it into a shop to have the 4.10's thrown in... and probably bearings at the same time.

good luck with that, I called every shop in my area that could do that work, they all told me that even if I brought them JUST the front diff, that the bill would be over $500 just to set it up

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
good luck with that, I called every shop in my area that could do that work, they all told me that even if I brought them JUST the front diff, that the bill would be over $500 just to set it up
the problem I heard is with setting the backlash clearances and such with a feeler gauge and rope. It takes a while and sounds aggrevating

It was over my head so I decided to drop the assy's and do it that way... later on I could put it all back in if I wanted to.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Number of teeth were stamped on the Ring Gear...

11x41 =3.73

Its in, I don't have a parking brake but its in... Truck now stays in OD while climbing a hill so i am happy.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
dont put it in 4x4 with different ratios, because the t case cant handle front and rear outputs spinning at different speeds.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Swapped the front diff in over the holiday weekend...

No problems... I had to swap over the actuator from selenoid to electric motor though...

the front diff only took a couple hours at best... Make sure you have an impact gun and some deep wells along with larger boxed end wrenches.

the entire swap front and rear accumulated time 3.75 hours and $325

OD is still on the high side but still getting 400 miles to the tank with 33's

1 - 19 of 19 Posts