GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My headliner has a couple of saggy places in it so I'm thinking it's time to pull it and reupholster it. I want to go black since I have a black/grey theme going already with the conversion van seats and dash. Most of the threads seem to be dealing with the newer trucks though. Sooooo before I go and break every 20 year old retaining clip known to man, how does it come down? I've never had it off. Once I get if out of the truck I'm fairly certain I know what I'm doing. :crazy:

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A pillar covers, panel across top of back window, b pillar panels, and overhead console if you have one IIRC.

It looks like the visors may need to come down too I think? :think:

I've really tried to not screw with my interior pieces too much since it's so old and plastic likes to break. Gonna need to be done though. PLus I can re-route the wires better for the mirror that's now wired up and working great. :shake:

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
Not sure Cez. I need a book for this shit.
me too, mines hanging in teh front and has a huge bubble in teh middle. ill look at mine later and see how it compares to a rc

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cesar don't you have overhead lights to deal with? Mine are on that plastic piece at the back of the cab so they shouldn't be a problem. I "think" I can figure out how to get it out without destroying everything. :uhoh:

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
its just like a nbs, take off the rear pillars but, with the obs you take off the plastic that goes accros.

front pillars from dash to headliner

console, visors, visor hooks.

from the looks of the picture, the seats are going to have to come out also, so you dont have to fight with the liner.

if it doesnt have screw just pull on it, you will right away tell if its a clip if the whole piece flexes and the center doesnt.

< i didnt know so i broke one of my pillars, just trial and error.

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
Cesar don't you have overhead lights to deal with? Mine are on that plastic piece at the back of the cab so they shouldn't be a problem. I "think" I can figure out how to get it out without destroying everything. :uhoh:
yea mine are in teh middle of the roof. i have teh ones with the big middle one and teh two small ones on teh sides, I would think its possible to remove yours with teh plastic together :imo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.