GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you guys running the stock headlights or the crystal clear ones? The clear ones i have from AVS don't have anything to block the low beam bulb so it is kind of bright. Just wondering what headlights you guys are using with your HIDS. If you guys are just using the clear ones, i'll just leave it.

Mine look like this, both the high and low bulbs are fully exposed.

·
Matt.719
301 Posts
I have clear and it makes a big difference

my friend has the non cleared ones and it looks "ehh"

clear them and youll be alot happier

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have clear and it makes a big difference

my friend has the non cleared ones and it looks "ehh"

clear them and youll be alot happier
I have the clear ones now. I just put my HID's in and the bulb is fully exposed. Just thought it might be a little bright for the oncomming cars.

I know on my 04 chevy, the lows have a little piece in the headlight to block the bulb so it doesn't blind the oncoming traffic.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
I have the clear ones now. I just put my HID's in and the bulb is fully exposed. Just thought it might be a little bright for the oncomming cars.

I know on my 04 chevy, the lows have a little piece in the headlight to block the bulb so it doesn't blind the oncoming traffic.
I have the projector lenses for my OBS. It makes a pretty good cutoff line similar to denali projectors and gives a clean light output with my HIDS's.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the projector lenses for my OBS. It makes a pretty good cutoff line similar to denali projectors and gives a clean light output with my HIDS's.
link to where i buy some?

·
Matt.719
301 Posts
mine are adjusted lower so I dont have a problem with blinding the crap out of people

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
I think im running the same ones, ill check tomorrow for you

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
I have the clear ones. They work good.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
i had the glass clear ones with 8000k and they were extremely bright to oncoming traffic but adjust them a little lower and i think youll be fine

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am running the projectors from Godfather Customs, they are worth it, they have glass lenses, and I'm putting 5000K HIDs in them on Tuesday. Great cutoff line as well!

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
yea im pretty sure om running teh same ones, I like them with my H.I.Ds

·
Registered
40 Posts
Are you guys running the stock headlights or the crystal clear ones? The clear ones i have from AVS don't have anything to block the low beam bulb so it is kind of bright. Just wondering what headlights you guys are using with your HIDS. If you guys are just using the clear ones, i'll just leave it.

Mine look like this, both the high and low bulbs are fully exposed.
how were the fit on those ones, i got a pair off of ebay and couldn't even get them to mount straight and i ended up just keep the clear corners. if theyre good i might have to go grab some from AVS

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the glass ones from AVS. They aligned pretty good, but i can't seem to get them to adjust. Maybe i'm adjusting the wrong part?

I have my aimed pretty low. it doesn't help that i'm lifted though. The headlights are like at 52".

Only got flashed once though since i drove it. I should have done this mod a long time ago on my OBS. The headlights suck and looked piss yellow.

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
I have the same ones with 8K HID's. I like them alot. Beam pattern is good. Not much glare. If you look at alot of bikes. They do not have the cut-off shield and the bulb is exposed.

Ran them when I was lifted also. And the beam pattern changed a little on the road. Due to being higher. I aimed them down also. With it being slammed, I aim them a little higher up to get the pattern more spread out on the road. And not just in a light pile on the road.

Not the best pictures...

Lifted:

Lowered when I first installed them 6-8 months ago. No problem yet.

Pattern on the road. Turned out white....:think:

When I first got the Lights/Signals. Pre-HID's

And now:

·
Big Burb
14 Posts
I'm running the TYC OEM HID headlights. The headlight reflectors were specifically designed for a HID bulb. By doing so, they were able to get them certified, and legal to use on the roads.

Another thing that is nice about them, is that the ballast is built into the headlight housing, so you don't have to find a place to mount them.
The wiring harness is also 100% plug & play!

It may not mean a lot to most people, but the Ballasts & Bulbs are both made by Philips in Germany, and not in China... Bulbs are 4300k, which is perfect for getting the most usable light down on the road.

Unfortunately, these were discontinued by TYC (probably because they couldn't sell enough). I found my set on eBay for $250, new in box. Very good price for a set of quality headlights.

-Tim

·
Big Burb
14 Posts
Here are the only pics of them that I have when they are on. There's no "blue" tint to them at all, they are pure white, which is what OEMs use. More usable light on the ground, and less eye fatigue when driving long periods at night.

You guys lucked out, here is another set for sale on eBay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-9...emQQimsxZ20090622?IMSfp=TL0906221410001r21611

I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking to upgrade their lights.

100_3547.jpg

100_3522.jpg

-Tim

1 - 20 of 22 Posts