GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did a quick search, couldn't find anything.

Who's done it? 88-98s only please, just looking to see if anyone has put a factory hydroboost system onto their 2wd 1/2 ton and see what issues there were. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you just want it for better braking power?
seths 22x9.5 +18 255/30/22 2.5sfbd doesnt hit the booster
Yeah I've got no problems with clearance with the bodydrop and everything, but I really liked the braking power in my 04, and I've got to overhaul the brakes in the truck anyways. I'm debating a rear disc swap, changing out everything up front and swapping to a hydroboost. Just checking out my options, really.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
i hear ya there its like night and day difference.
doesnt the place you got the one for the 04 from make some for the 88-98. why dont you just call them up. or are you trying to see if something from a diff vehicle will work.
i measured my 91 one day and the astro booster i got for my dime has the same bolt pattern so it will work i dont know about the pedal location though. the only thing i dont like about is the master is the old style with two resis. its ugly.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i hear ya there its like night and day difference.
doesnt the place you got the one for the 04 from make some for the 88-98. why dont you just call them up. or are you trying to see if something from a diff vehicle will work.
i measured my 91 one day and the astro booster i got for my dime has the same bolt pattern so it will work i dont know about the pedal location though. the only thing i dont like about is the master is the old style with two resis. its ugly.
Funny you say that. Last time I looked them up I saw a big thing about how they didn't do sales anymore, but checking their site now, it's all current and up to date. Maybe I'll give them a call.

But if that didn't work, going the factory route is always fine with me. I think my master cylinder needs replacing anyways.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
When converting to hydroboost on a nbs does it set off any SES lights? Sorry I know it is a little off topic.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Funny you say that. Last time I looked them up I saw a big thing about how they didn't do sales anymore, but checking their site now, it's all current and up to date. Maybe I'll give them a call.

But if that didn't work, going the factory route is always fine with me. I think my master cylinder needs replacing anyways.
as far as i know they wont do inhouse sales anymore. you have to go through a dealer.
but would prolly still need to call them for the partnumber anyway. because all the dealers that i looked it only list the popular hot rod ones. none listed for the trucks like ours

·
Member # 625
968 Posts
Subscribed :read:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Has any light been shed on this since March? I may attempt to do this on my 91 since I don't have a hole for the vaccum booster in my Brodix intake and a somewhat radical cam. I've been checking out www.rockauto.com for the unit itself. Is it comfirmed that the bolt pattern on the plate for the Astro is the same as the vaccum booster's plate on the trucks?

·
Pebble Pushers
3,028 Posts
doesnt the place you got the one for the 04 from make some for the 88-98. why dont you just call them up.
prob cuz hydratech is too fuckin proud of their products $$$$$, wish i could've found a factory unit instead

1 - 18 of 18 Posts