GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1995 Chevy ECSB. The truck is excellent shape with the exception of a couple stains, and a few minute dings. One thing that is bugging me is that my interior panels "creak", and when I hit a good bump I get that "bucket of nuts and bolts" sound. IT SUCKS!! :pissed: Does anyone know how to stop the creaks or "tighten up" the panels so that they make no noise?? Also, does anyone know of any custom interior shops in Houston TX?? :bowtie:

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
Yeah, probably the white retainer clips have something do to with it....I wrapped the bases of them with duct tape to keep them from rattling in mine. Otherwise they are slightly loose where they are snapped into the door panel.

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JakobMetzger said:
i know of two but theyre in the humble/kingwood area where are you loacted at?
I am located in Spring, about 10 minutes from the Humble/Kingwood area. What are the shops locations and or phone #'s. Thanx. :shake: :bowtie:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Classic Upholstery
Theres the link to the yahoo map. They did a really good job fixing my seat. i had a huge tear in it and they matched the leather color exactly and the stitching was perfect. It came loose a couple weeks later but they fixed it and i havnt had a problem since. Cant even tell it was replaced. Anyway they have a bunch of pics around that shows all the work they do. Did a lot of stuff on old school cars/trucks

·
Registered
384 Posts
I would have to suggest taking the bucket of nuts and bolts out. That might stop the noise as well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
dapolice1 said:
I would have to suggest taking the bucket of nuts and bolts out. That might stop the noise as well.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

you probably have many loose clips....now just try to figure out which ones...

as silly as it sounds find a stretch of road thar really makes it squeak and have someone, push pull and wiggle the various body panels to see if you can figure out which is the worst source of all your noise...

Oh and why I say find someone else to help you? so that you don't drive off the road while you're messing with the interior

1 - 11 of 11 Posts