GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no power to the rear taillights, or third brakelight

turn signal power at the rear sockets in the taillights, but nothing for the brakelights

I have replaced the brakelight switch at the top of the brake pedal.

ALL FUSES ARE GOOD

any suggestions???

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Look along the frame for the wires being cut/corroded. A test light and work your way until you find the missing power point.

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
hmm take a better look at the brake switch. my obs tahoe had the same problem... the "arm" that makes the contact with the little crush sleeve or whatever for the switch when the pedal is engaged. have someone watch the lights while you add pressure and see if they come on.

its been a few years and several vehicles ago, and i dont remember it exactly but i wound up adding some jb weld do it to help strengthen it and it did the job. lol wish i could be more descriptive but i think it should get the point across.

·
car builder
58 Posts
try replacing your brake light relay with a new one or swap it of one that is the same in the fuse block under the hood to see if that is your problem. I did bodywork at a chevy dealer in town, and this was a problem on the pick-ups for a while (happened to mine). we used my truck in a gm training class to demonstrate the problem. hope this helps

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
There is a little wiring harness that goes from the brake switch to up under the steering column. be sure none of the wires are broken there. I had no brake lights for months and this was my problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts