GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got the front seats out of a 98 ext cab. Its the split bench type deal, passenger seat is like a bucket seat and the drivers side has the center seat on it with the fold down console.

Anyone know of a drives side bucket seat (no console) that will match the passenger side?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
i have some in my truck right now..they have armrests too.i picked them up for 50 bucks theyre soooo comfortable! try a junkyard imo

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get me a pic, Id like to see what they are going to look like. I might just get some newer seats with the seat belt in them.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
ill get some pics tomorrow..i was going to put newer seats in (had them and everything) went to put them in and theres a hump for thee gas tank on the drivers side, and a hump on the pass side for the muffler. so they wouldnt fit comfortably. ill get some pics tomorrow for sure..im going to try and get my 02 taho console in there too sometime.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The ones I have now will take some modding to the bracket because they are from a ext cab. But I could weld up some new brackets for the newer seats too.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
are you making them bolt into the factory location?

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a bench seat so I only have two holes on the outside on each side. But I am going to use those holes and just drill 2 more where ever they need to be.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
yeah thats all i did. i just drilled holes in the floor..

·
Registered
446 Posts
chevy never made a drivers side bucket without an armrest. You won't be able to find one to exactly match your passenger bucket that doesn't have the arm rest. If you are looking for just buckets you should upgrade to the nbs style seats. That power tracks on these obs seats are a really shitty design and begin to loosen up in no time. When i bought my set the track on the outside of the drivers seat was actually broken. I had a guy weld some aluminum stock on for a temporary fix.

SeatTrackSide.jpg

FrontofSeatTrack.jpg

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those are from a Maxima I think. I was looking for something like yours but the seats I have now will let me build a bigger center console.

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
get tahoe seats with the little armrest. i usually use the console as an armrest cuz i am a beast but those little armrests are tiiiiits for highway ridez

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
yeah they will.im pretty sure thats what i gots up in der.

anyone have a psare console laying around?!?!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts