GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
9,778 Posts
Gibson
Doug Thorley

I had the Gibsons on my Tahoe and they didn't do ANYTHING for performance and leaked like hell. I wouldn't get headers unless you go with the Thorley's. You should be able to get them thru Summit.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
JBA
edelbrock

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
search dood... seems like this is talked about on a weekly basis

however... go to www.autoanything.com, register for the email reminders, they email out 10% off codes + free shipping like once a month or so it seems. i got my thorleys in nickel chrome finish for $380 or so to my door. they carry the ceramics as well.

they emailed me a 10% off code today actually :D

mind you, they arent LT, they are a mid length header for the 5.7 L31... they come in shorty and LT for the NBS

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
many people have the Thorleys (i see anthony is looking at this thread and I know he likes his) and they are supposedly a great header

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
however... go to www.autoanything.com, register for the email reminders, they email out 10% off codes + free shipping like once a month or so it seems. i got my thorleys in nickel chrome finish for $380 or so to my door. they carry the ceramics as well.
How is the nickel chrome finish holding up?
And autoanything.com says the discount coupons don't apply to the headers. I wish i could get a set for 380...

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
wierd... thats what i paid for mine... about a year ago. bdz71 bought his from there too with the discount as well i believe.

the finish is fine... they turn blue and have stayed that way, granted theyre not exposed to nasty weather down here. they actually quieted my exhaust when first installed...

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52774

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Yea I love mine!!

I waited it out a little longer and saved for the Ceramic Coated.
Either Way Dough Thorley knows Headers! Try-Y all the way. Dont get the shortys

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Pretty much every major brand has a set that will fit.

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
Id like to advise you to get long tubes, the sound is worth it sir. Also avoid any cheapy brands, dont want to have to be modifying the flange and shit trying to fix leaks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts