GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally set a date to start tear down of the Yukon. It took me 4 months to decide if I wan't to body drop it or not. Set to a 4" BD, bagged, laying rocker on 22" Boss 315's.

Now it comes down to time and dedication. I have helped/done/completed a 4" Body Drop on an early 90's Hardbody. All Stock floor, Tubed fire wall etc...

Now I am doing my own. All Stock Floor. I know about simple things such as firewall, abs, etc...

But I can not find any info at all for the OBS Tahoe/Yukon 4dr setups. I went through 15 Pages in the search, to find nothing of good use.

I have a few idea's about lifting the full body off frame. But very concerned about flex, etc...

-Tranny Tunnel? Any other concerns?
-Gas Tank? I already moved mine up about an inch or so.
Will I have to run a Fuel Cell relocated inside the cab for clearance when laid out?

I have so many questions. But would rather have someone's input and info on the subject.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you ever get any answers to your questions pass them on. Not much info anywhere on our SUV's. Good luck and keep me updated on your progress. Cool to see a fellow SUV owner bag his rig.

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
i would do a channel instead of a traditional or stock floor on those OBS hoes and burbs...

pretty straight forward, cut out strips down the middle where the frame rails are...

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
but i dunno if you can do a big ass body drop with channeling. you still have to mount the body mounts on the frame so if he wants a 4" bd there might not be room on the lower portion of the frame to mount the body mounts. channeling would probably be better but you would have to do some measureing to be sure it would work best for what you want.

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but i dunno if you can do a big ass body drop with channeling. you still have to mount the body mounts on the frame so if he wants a 4" bd there might not be room on the lower portion of the frame to mount the body mounts. channeling would probably be better but you would have to do some measureing to be sure it would work best for what you want.
True. Both are in consideration. With little info I have on the Full Size, it's difficult to get answers. Plus there is very few that have done them.

I will just have to pretty much start the tear down and go from there. My mind can ponder up something:hmm:

·
My hero vvvvv
1,958 Posts
4" is well into the doors on any OBS except 1 tons 2.5" lays rocker, I'm 3.5 and will be into the door a little

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
4" is well into the doors on any OBS except 1 tons 2.5" lays rocker, I'm 3.5 and will be into the door a little
Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure on that. All I wan't is to lay Rocker on 22"s. But not sure if it's worth the extra work to make it lay door. Who know's. I should just do it anyway.:D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bump.

looking for additional info/pics. About to start a BD on my 97 yukon.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts