GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
00Stormhoe
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone on here bought these and I was wondering what their final thoughts were on them. Fit and finish? i also found some information from another website so I thought I would post it for anybody that is considering these. Something I noticed from the other website it says that it does come with catalytic converters on the y pipe, which is nice considering these could be an easy bolt on for the DIYer. Here is the website that the information came from: http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/10795.html

Manufacturer's Description:
OBX High performance racing headers are made out of pure SUS-304 stainless steel. Dyno tested at low end and top speed to increase horsepower. Precision mandrel-bend to enhance exhaust gas flow. OBX Headers will fit OEM down pipe or OBX Cat Back Systems without modification. These 5 piece type headers are easy to install. Value-added bolt-on headers for any racing sport performance enthusiast.
-Dyno Tested and Proven
-Direct bolt-on without modification
-T-304 Stainless Steel mandrel bend for ultra fast flow
-CNC Machine flanges with TIG and MIG welded construction
-Hardware included
-Lifetime warranty from manufacturer defects

Additional Information:
-Heavy duty SUS304 polished stainless steel tubing throughout the system (1 3/4” headers, 2 1/2” x 3” Y-pipe) for outstanding performance and durability.
-Factory-style O2 sensor bungs for direct fit and fully ODB-II compatible.
-Hi-flow, straight through cat. converters for increased horsepower and torque.
-Slip-on union in the “Y”-pipe assembly allows for easy installation without welding.
-Hi-flow merge-style “Y” pipe for maximum exhaust flow. SUS304 Stainless steel pipe flange retains the factory “ball & socket” connection.
-Unique collector/converter connection utilizes a self-aligning, sintered metal, donut gasket for a long lasting leak-free connection.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I dont think anyone here has installed them yet but I could be wrong. I do know that Ian just bought some recently and will be installing them in the next few weeks. Shoot him a PM and ask him.

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Look on PT.net. They havent earned much positive feedback. They hit and rub on everything. One guy had to pretty much cave in a primary to get it away from his front driveshaft. Plus alot of guys have have a primary tube on the passenger side actually laying on the frame. I was interested in some but now im glad I didnt buy them.

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
I'll find out when i get them on i guess

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Do not buy anything from OBX... They make turbo manifolds for honda/acuras and the welds have been known to break, and in some cases the wastegate would completely fall off. They also make a series of turbo now and the compressor housing is glued together, yes glued together. These obviously have split in half as well.

Don't let the price get to you, they're cheap and seem nice and shiney but you'll end up spending more if you get shitty parts the first time.

If I can find the thread on Honda-Tech about the manifolds, I'll post a link

-John

edit: they do make a good copy of the Quaife LSD... but then again they just recreated someone else's design.

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
That turbo houing is fake. It was an internet joke...

The OBXs seem to be decent. As far as Ive seen on PT.net, you may only have to dent 1 primary away from the frame. I just dont like the weird tube on the drivers side.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My buddy has put them on his 03 ext cab z71.

They basically have about the EXACT same fit as dynatech's old style headers. The will rub on a few places and there's a few things you'll have to move out of the way, but they seemed to have copied Dynatech's old(and no longer used) style of silverado headers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts