·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's good for a stout amout of power over the LS1 style intake also...I think it said around $550 for it!

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah considering that FAST one is around $700 w/o TB from what I understand!

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes but some fabrication is required. I'm gathering what's needed currently...

I know you need for sure:

LS1 style intake
97-98 C5 fuel rails

Then apparently you need to do something with the brackets. It was either get the F-body ones or move a bracket over and reweld it.

I'd think that would help up top with a bigger cam like I plan to install as the volume of the truck intake is smaller than the LS1/6 intakes.

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
The LSX with the 90mm TB will net you more power. F-bod guys love that setup. If I remember right, the 5.3 intake makes more power versus the LS1 intake. Its set up for more low end grunt. The LS1 intake does take some filign and cutting to fit on a 5.3 or 6.0 persay. I think its doable but not fun. On another note the LS1 intake will position the TB much further forward on a 5.3.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nekkid_hill_billy said:
hitman i like that gif in your sig........thats whats its all about anyhow :evil:

:haha: Good times. :D

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got some more scoop on the LS1 intake swap...

Speartech got back to me!!! :shake: They are full of info! Alas, they make the relocation bracket for about $75. That moves the idler pulley down so the TB don't hit anything.

Once you have the idler pulled moved down, then you need to do something about the agua pump. You can do one of two things...Cut the top piece down to about 3/4" to clear everything, or snag a front hosed LS1 water pump used for about $50.

Next, it'd be best to use a '97-98 C5 fuel rail as it has a return line like the trucks do. The stock truck one will suffice but will look queer due to the tall x-over line. With the C5 rail, you can then run the regular cheapass Bosch injectors (like on Mustangs) then you just need to splice in the correct injector plugs...that's EZ. that means you can get some larger injectors for super, super cheap! 42lbs/hr's for less than $250!

All I got for now...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts