GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other day during a storm I ran my wipers a good hour or so on the way home from work. However when the storm cleared up and I turned them off the wipers went down.. only to come back up the windshield about 2-4 inches. I tried multiple other times to no avail. they will initially go all the way back down and then come back up the windshield 2-3 inches before coming to a stop. 've tried pushing them back in place... turning truck off and on with them in different positions and nothing has gotten them to return to their intial lowest place on the windshield.

This completely has me stumped... any ideas?
Truck is a 2003 Silverado z71

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
First check the the arms and be sure nothing is stuck between them and the shroud, not allowing it to go all the way down.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
just wondering if something would have been causing resistance and it would pop up until it didn't feel it any longer. I have not even touched a wiper motor since my father's old Caprice, so I'm not sure, but the motor rotates around and around. If, from running that long, the meshing of the motor and mechanisms and wiper arms. I'd guess motor bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts