GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
OBS Trucks FTW!
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 Chevy K1500 Z71 that has a 4" lift and 33" tires on it and the speedometer has never been recalibrated. By what percent would the odometer be off as compared to stock tires? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Take it out and do 60mph, see how close to 1 minute you are at 1 mile according to the road signs. then adjust your speed to make 1 mile in a minute. when I had 35's and stock 3.73 gears I was off by about 5mph.

·
Registered
807 Posts
if you have a radar gun it helps. i have a quicksilver radar gun and i used it in my buddies dodge. just have someone sit in the passenger seat and set cruise at your desired speed 40,50,60,etc. and point the gun straight at the windshield and it will spit out your actual speed. i didnt think it would work but it did.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Take it out and do 60mph, see how close to 1 minute you are at 1 mile according to the road signs. then adjust your speed to make 1 mile in a minute. when I had 35's and stock 3.73 gears I was off by about 5mph.
And seems to me when I had 33's on it before my lift it was off by 2-3 mph. I had 265's on it before that.

·
JetBlue
2,306 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts