GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The truck in question is a 2011 silverado 2500hd Duramax, ccsb.

I was in my fuse box (both) looking for an ing switched fuse and I ended up using one that was aux ING and that's fine but I tested a hand full in the inner box by touching a probe to the metal by the numbers and to a bolt. I did not remove the fuses to stick a probe in the box I simply touched the exposed part of metal at the top of the fuse.

Well now my back up camera doesn't work. Does anyone know what fuse it uses? Or anything else to check? I Googled it but only thing Google is good for is sites that sell shit....
Ok so pulled the batteries no change.

Checked the plug both connected

Turned the mirror a few times off and on. What the manual referred to.

Fuse 14 43 and iirc 40 all removed and no change but 43 or 40 turned the mirror off.

Checked the power and continuity of the plug and it has power all the time and doesn't seem to have a difference between Park and reverse.

How should I test the camera? Or what should my numbers be for the plugs in the back?

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
Do you have a CEL on?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pulled the tail gate off yesterday and there was still nothing coming from the camera after I reinstalled. So ill pick up a new camera from Gmpartsdirect.com and see.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Although there has been 0 help here I'm posting this update for anyone else with the issue I'm having.

Misc fuse 40 is the one that controls the camera. The fuse works, the wiring is good and the camera was bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts