GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'm a BRO
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to get OEM foglights and the wiring?
How hard are they to install?
Are there any other options that would look better?

·
Registered
197 Posts
E-Bay. $106.00 shipped. Really easy to install! The thing that takes the most time is cutting out the holes. I still need to remove the lights and make the hole bigger so that I can adjust the beam if they ever needed it.

·
I'm a BRO
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about wiring? Is that difficult? And what about the switch for it? Will turn on when just the corners are on?

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
what year truck?

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
E-Bay. $106.00 shipped. Really easy to install! The thing that takes the most time is cutting out the holes. I still need to remove the lights and make the hole bigger so that I can adjust the beam if they ever needed it.
does that $106 include the wiring harness and all?
i need a set.

·
****** Chiludo
586 Posts
I thought you had to program the BCM if your truck didn't come with foglights stock....

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I got my through gmpartsdirect and I think the total was around $80-90 shipped. This was a few years ago though. Inlcuded everything needed, except reprogramming the bcm. That was another $75 from the stealership. Everything is fairly straight forward, comes with detailed instructions.

I have seen where some people will just wire them in with the parking lights so the fogs come on with the parking lights. Don't know exactly how to do this though.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
FYI

I purchased my OEM foglights from a member on here a couple weeks ago. I cut out the holes, and used some hardware from Lowes to attach them. The stock bumper has 4 holes where the bracket will mount to. Each bulb has a positive side, and a ground side. I grounded the lights on the frame rail. Then ran one power wire into a scotch lock with the other power lead, then ran that to a rocker switch in the cabin. Found a hot lead on the fuse box under the dash. I placed the LED rocker underneath my cargo light switch. Ill get some pictures this weekend of the install.

If you wanted your fogs to turn on with your parking lamps, you would just need to play with a test light. Follow the wiring from the factory light switch. Find the wire that is hot with the foglamps on, then use a scotch lock to pull power from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts