GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 545 Posts

·
Standing for something
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to everybody who ordered or inquired about purchasing Katzkin products. I have decided to discontinue this "group buy" or sorts. Some things have gotten blown terribly out of proportion and I feel it's best to move on.

Thanks again GMFS!!!

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,734 Posts
Derek, I guess I am a moron, but can you PM me a price for 06 CC w/ buckets up front, black leather, black seude inserts, leather door panel things... nothing else, thank you.

·
Standing for something
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure thing, PM coming.

I guess I'm the moron because the format in which I typed everything didn't show up in the post the same way. I'll fix it now...

·
Registered
352 Posts
This may sound a little stupid but why is the deluxe kit called deluxe if it has an increased vinyl content. Another question I had for you is if you could give us a link where we can get original prices, I went to auto leathers.com but there was no mention between the deluxe or standard kit. The reason I ask is to see how much savings are actually involved not being cheap but I wasnt planning to get some katzkins so soon unless they've got a good discount.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,734 Posts
This may sound a little stupid but why is the deluxe kit called deluxe if it has an increased vinyl content. Another question I had for you is if you could give us a link where we can get original prices, I went to auto leathers.com but there was no mention between the deluxe or standard kit. The reason I ask is to see how much savings are actually involved not being cheap but I wasnt planning to get some katzkins so soon unless they've got a good discount.
good point!

·
Standing for something
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I don't call it deluxe, that's Katzkins terminology.

Katzkin doesn't sell direct, but they "license" www.autoleathers.com to be the main online retailer. They do have some deluxe kits, you just have to go through their site.
I understand the savings part, and I'm trying to offer these as cheap as I can. I don't do this for a living and don't rely on this income, so the prices will reflect that. Just trying to contribute back to the scene!

BTW, can someone help me with UBB code issues? I can't seem to get my post to show up exactly as typed and it looks confusing for you guys to decipher pricing???

·
Registered
156 Posts
Quick question as well...
If I want dark seats with light colored suede inserts, would I have to pay for 2-tone inserts as well as suede inserts?
Also, for those doing price-checking, www.jpcustoms.com offers the 'Deluxe' kits on their site.
And the deluxe kits look like an incredible value. They are basically the same as the factory kits, correct? I know in 1999-2002 GM trucks, the extended cab rear seat was completely vinyl, correct?
Jason

·
Registered
694 Posts
What kind of price are we looking at paying for a noncurrent vehicle??

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have a EC with buckets:
-$462 for deluxe kit
-$30 for 2-tone inserts

So $500+cost of NonCurrent ??????

·
Standing for something
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What kind of price are we looking at paying for a noncurrent vehicle??

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have a EC with buckets:
-$462 for deluxe kit
-$30 for 2-tone inserts

So $500+cost of NonCurrent ??????

Correct. Your total price would be $557 shipped.

$462 for Deluxe kit
$30 for 2-tone inserts
$30 for Non-Current fee
$35 shipping to your door.

Not bad for a custom designed leather seating package!

·
Standing for something
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quick question as well...
If I want dark seats with light colored suede inserts, would I have to pay for 2-tone inserts as well as suede inserts?
Also, for those doing price-checking, www.jpcustoms.com offers the 'Deluxe' kits on their site.
And the deluxe kits look like an incredible value. They are basically the same as the factory kits, correct? I know in 1999-2002 GM trucks, the extended cab rear seat was completely vinyl, correct?
Jason
Sorry for the confusion, you would only pay 1 option charge for the suede. There are 2 separate prices for the 2-tone leather option and the suede option (which you can get in any color listed...)

IMO, the deluxe kits are a great value. They still have the same or more leather content as OEM seats, the manufacturers just don't want to say it out loud.

·
Standing for something
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't laugh at the "Code" format up top, it's the only way I could figure out how to put everything in a chart format! :guns:

·
Registered
156 Posts
One more question...How would the 2-row deluxe kit be cheaper than the 1-row regular? Wouldnt the front seats be the same? Just wanting to make sure everything is right before placing my order.
Thanks-
Jason

·
Standing for something
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One more question...How would the 2-row deluxe kit be cheaper than the 1-row regular? Wouldnt the front seats be the same? Just wanting to make sure everything is right before placing my order.
Thanks-
Jason
No, all of the regular kits have plenty of actual leather in them, behind the seat and all. The deluxe kits have a vinyl seat back and lower seat portions (kinda like where a power seat control is...)

Katzkin is very "unique" in their product description and build, but they do make a badass seat skin!

·
Standing for something
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so the single cab leathers are not availible or what? im confused!:anitoof:
I fixed (hopefully) the format in which the prices were listed. They didn't come out in the exact format as I typed, so everything was jumbled together.

The single cab regular kits ARE available, Katzkin doesn't make a deluxe kit for single cabs. Wouldn't be cost efficient for them.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
I fixed (hopefully) the format in which the prices were listed. They didn't come out in the exact format as I typed, so everything was jumbled together.

The single cab regular kits ARE available, Katzkin doesn't make a deluxe kit for single cabs. Wouldn't be cost efficient for them.
i see it now..new format clears it up alot

·
Registered
352 Posts
I don't call it deluxe, that's Katzkins terminology.

Katzkin doesn't sell direct, but they "license" www.autoleathers.com to be the main online retailer. They do have some deluxe kits, you just have to go through their site.
I understand the savings part, and I'm trying to offer these as cheap as I can. I don't do this for a living and don't rely on this income, so the prices will reflect that. Just trying to contribute back to the scene!

BTW, can someone help me with UBB code issues? I can't seem to get my post to show up exactly as typed and it looks confusing for you guys to decipher pricing???
Didn't mean to sound like an ass just trying to understand everthing so I could see whats what.

·
Standing for something
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Didn't mean to sound like an ass just trying to understand everthing so I could see whats what.
No worries! I couldn't figure out how to make everything show up as it was supposed to and I confused everyone in the process. Hope things are straight now! If not, let me know...

1 - 20 of 545 Posts