GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 653 Posts

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like each week there is a new thread. Figured this thread could be a resource like the hid thread. Post what you have and experience with it. In addition to the mounts you have bought or made.

I will start with the ones I have.

1 2x2 symtec 3w pod
1 2x2 rigid dually
1 2x2 rigid dually hyperspot
1 2x2 aurora 3w pod
1 2x2 aurora 5w pod
2 2x2 (don't know manufacturer) 3w pods with optics similar to rigid
4 2x3 cheapo amazon pods
1 30" single row totron combo pattern

Most of these are for a test I am running. But I have had the 30" totron the longest. Once I have the pod testing done I will have more info on them.

Preview of the pod testing

The new ones for my quad. These have similar optics to the rigid.

All the testing pods

My 30" totron. Good output and was a little over $200 iirc I have had it for 3 years.

No pictures on my phone of the cheapo lights and have not done anything with them since I bought them.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hyperspot spots are insane. The amount of distance is nuts

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
In for the comparison..........

·
Registered
541 Posts
photo1.jpg

Rigid Dually D2 lights in my fog light holes with brackets i bought off amazon. Output is insane for how small the lights are. Lightbar in the near future

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those plates look so out of place with those tiny lights in that big hole.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Those plates look so out of place with those tiny lights in that big hole.
I wish someone made some lights that were really close to stock size for the gmc fog lights.. I looked at some oracles that were nice but they wont work the way they mount

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The factory gmc opening is just too large. not many options for a round light to begin with in the led game

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
I'd like to see a couple led bars in the nbs bumper.. I believe the slots are like 12" long

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
1.5"x11" long. You'd need a single row 10" bar in them.( 03-07 Silverado NBS)

Reactions: Jake_Chevy

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have some CREE pods I installed and hooked up to my reverse lighting, they only go on when in reverse. Wired into the trailer harness. I have considered running another wire to an aux switch. We'll see. They sure light things up nice!

3" cree cube light: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-3-CREE-LED-POD-WORK-LIGHT-BIKE-MOTORCYCLE-OFFROAD-JEEP-SPOT-ATV-3X3-3inch-/281248153802?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item417bb240ca&vxp=mtr

I could not for the life of me get a good ground. I ended up running a wire all the way up to my battery (PITA!). I didn't want to tap into the ground in the trailer harness.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
1.5"x11" long. You'd need a single row 10" bar in them.( 03-07 Silverado NBS)
wouldnt use them for anything more than hunting in the winter... not sure how to justify buying these

·
Registered
878 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Finally installed the Toughlight 30" radius bar. Didn't need to remove the tow hooks after all.

High-5

DRLs from down the street

And the switch panel

Rear Rigid SRM-3 Flood lens

·
GMFS Senior Member
4,032 Posts
20" bar recessed in front bumper and 2x2 cubes flush mounted in the rear bumper
2014-07-18%2015.29.29_zpsvkhv42gj.jpg

Sorry the only pics i have with them on are from instagram
IMG_20140605_163833_zps8d4c4550.jpg

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
How do you like the toughlight bar?
Their customer service and shipping times are shitty, but the bar and harness seem to be pretty good.

1 - 20 of 653 Posts