GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my friends, it looks like I'm getting to make one last trip across the water into the biggest litter box in the world. As far as I know, I'll be leaving out of here May 7th to go to Tampa, Florida for a couple days, then its off to Afghanistan for another 6 months. I just got the word yesterday.

As a few of you may remember, I was in Iraq from Sep '05- March '06.... So I know this deployment will pretty much be cake compared to that one. My last day in the Marine Corps as of now is 8 December of this year so I may even end up extending for a month or two when I get back to get all my final BS done, and go home. Anyway….

This means I'll have a chance to save a few bucks and as always, spend some cash on the truck… (as if I don’t already :anitoof: )

-I figured I'd post it up in here simply because I spend most of my time in this section.... if a mod wants it moved, feel free....

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man... I cant wait to get out and get back to the Beaumont area... I've been away from there for 5 years already. Looks like it'll be 6 by the time I get home.

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
Good Luck man and Stay Safe.

·
The Woolly One
404 Posts
Be careful over there, man. We'll be waitin' for you. Had no idea you came from so close. Me and Toddopotamus are right next door just across the Neches. Kick your requisite amount of ass and come home.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, well... I'm actually from Silsbee... but nofukinbody knows where the hell that is LOL...

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know right... oh well, I dont think this will end up being one of those deployments you dread everytime you think about it.

·
The Woolly One
404 Posts
Yeah, poor Silsbee. It makes for a great late-night roadtrip though. I love driving the stretch of nothing up there and back on a cool night during the summer...as long as the wind is carrying Evilsmell's stench out of the area anyway...

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Good luck and stay safe over there man. Glad to see you have your head on straight about it.

A guy I worked with just got called back up last month for his 2nd tour in Iraq (hes Army) Shitty part is he left the week before his youngest sons 1st birthday... and even shittier is the fact he was only 3 months away from being done with his elistment. Now, due to some technicality and the new bush plan for Iraq, his enlistment is extended for at least another year.... hes having a real hard time over there right now just being away from his family again when he wasnt expecting to have to do it ever again.

·
OGMFS Member
1,327 Posts
Be safe, go kick some ass, and THANK YOU!

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Blow something up for me.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Blow something up for me.
I definitely will if I get the chance... last time I deployed with an EOD team... this time I'm going with some high profile security detail for foriegn dignitaries... we'll see how that works out LOL...

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
might see you there, our rotation is coming up for this summer as well. i cant disclose any dates though.

i was in bagram from 03-04. the place is a shit hole.

·
GM FOREVER
724 Posts
As a fellow service member (I am a Navy Seabee Chief Petty Officer E-7) I say thank you and be safe in your journey. Watch your back and come back home safe.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, after the trip to Iraq last year, I was expecting to finish out this 2nd contract and go the hell home... then this got dropped in my lap... oh well though, cant really fight it. Just have to go and come back and go home...

·
The Woolly One
404 Posts
Yeah, and like you said, the $ will be nice.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts