GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Wow that is pretty sweet! Welcome to the site! How much does something like that cost?

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Welcome to the site!! That is a nice dump setup you have there. I would guess that cost a good penny or two. but looks very functional.

Welcome to the site :shake:

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
very nice. i've seen ones with huge airbag like things that lift the bed, but yours looks (and probably works) much better. :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, all the rest want you to remove the bumper & hitch. Then hinge the bumper with the bed. Mr. Hot Air sez 'cut 3 inches off the frame', OK, but then you gotta buy his special hitch that drags the ground when loaded. His main arguement against hydraulics is oil leaks and filling the reservoir. I had one of my first generation kits on a '78 Silverado that dumped on a daily basis from 1982 thru 1994. No leaks, no fills, and was working when I sold the truck for the same price I paid.

Ever have to drain water out of your air compressor? His air compressor is based on a goat milking machine (no shit). Personally I think that system is as pleasing to the eye as a hot poker. And no matter what he does, he'll never go to hydraulics, and never dump over the bumper.
difference.jpg

boat2.jpg

In the history of mankind, no hydraulic scissor hoist has ever had 180 degree sweep until now. I can increase, or decrease the diameter of the cylinder to adjust the lifting capacity. I can lock the scissor in the open position with a safety pin, and swap the cylinder out with two snap rings and two hoses. The cylinder has a three year warranty, and replacement cost is about $150. Wonder how much an airbag costs.
limehoist.jpg

All the pins are 304 stainless steel, this early version doesn't show the grease fittings at every pivot. Not that it needs grease, but some of my customers have this crazy idea that the pivots must be spinning at 3000 RPM all day. They really go 90 degrees and stop a few times a day at best. Anyway, you want to grease it, no problem!

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Welcome over! :drunk:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only six because it just went on the market in May. We started with the short bed '99-04 Chevy/GMC 1500's since nobody makes a hydraulic kit for that vehicle. Installed the first 2500HD on June 12, now working on the long bed version. Considering the whole project started in Late Sept. '03, and it's never before been done (according to the US Patent Office) I'd say we're doing pretty good.

At this point in the game the effort concentrates on education of the consumer. The majority of people have never seen a pick-up dump, let alone one that elevates over the bumper to do it. In the case of this purple kit, the best compliment I've heard was from a NASA engineer at a gas station. I don't need to raise the bed to fill, but I do it anyway to show the product. This guy walks up and examines every detail, asks a few questions, then says "This is top shelf hardware".

I couldn't put it a better way.

I get inquiries on a daily basis for every pick-up truck known to man, but I can only do so much. There's 40 million pick-ups in the USA, if 1% of them wanted a kit, it would take me a year to fill the order at 1095 kits per day, every day. I'm looking for dealers in every state who can bolt these on at $50/hour. Know any good mechanics?

·
Registered
124 Posts
:welcome:
hey now I can finally unload my camper in like 20 seconds :crazy:

the lift looks very cool and I am surprized we haven't seen it on a show truck yet...

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
kryptonite said:
:welcome:
hey now I can finally unload my camper in like 20 seconds :crazy:

the lift looks very cool and I am surprized we haven't seen it on a show truck yet...
seen it on other show trucks... one was at the ludikris show, it was pretty tite.

if it was cheaper i'd put one on my truck. It would be funny as hell if someone dropped on me, and i lifted my bed off, but that would prbly be the only use i could have for that. Cool idea though :crazy:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Welcome to the site! Always nice to have another rocket scientist aboard! :waytogo: :cheers:

Love the invention... hope you come out very successful with it ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts