GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now ive been sittin here for a lil while tonight, tryin to figure out what amp and subs to run. The amp im lookin at is a 1000 watt pioneer class D mono amp. its 300wx1 @ 4 ohms RMS, and 500x1 @ 2 ohms RMS. The subs im lookin at are kicker cvr 10" DVC. there are 2 10" models, ones dual 4 ohm VCs and the others 2 ohm VCs. Which subs would i get so i could run [email protected] ohms RMS and how would these be wired? Series or parallel? thanks.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
youll need the dual 2 ohm models. Wire them up series /parrelel

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, i appreciate it...although i should know this sorta stuff, i don't..lol

·
eBay-aholic
510 Posts
RedneckDude said:
Ok, now ive been sittin here for a lil while tonight, tryin to figure out what amp and subs to run. The amp im lookin at is a 1000 watt pioneer class D mono amp. its 300wx1 @ 4 ohms RMS, and 500x1 @ 2 ohms RMS. The subs im lookin at are kicker cvr 10" DVC. there are 2 10" models, ones dual 4 ohm VCs and the others 2 ohm VCs. Which subs would i get so i could run [email protected] ohms RMS and how would these be wired? Series or parallel? thanks.
If the amp is Class D, then more than likely it's 1 ohm stable. If it is, get 2 4-ohm DVC's:

If it's only 2 ohm stable, get 2 2-ohm DVC's:

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive checked around on a few sites and never read anywhere that it was 1 ohm stable, so we are gonna play it safe and get the 2 2ohm DVC kickers. i think itll be more and loud enough in my friends lil dakota.

·
eBay-aholic
510 Posts
RedneckDude said:
Ive checked around on a few sites and never read anywhere that it was 1 ohm stable, so we are gonna play it safe and get the 2 2ohm DVC kickers. i think itll be more and loud enough in my friends lil dakota.
Which amp is it?

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
RedneckDude said:
Ive checked around on a few sites and never read anywhere that it was 1 ohm stable.
usually if they say its 1 ohm stable, it means its 1 ohm stereo or 2 ohm mono stable, Ever since the Orion Red 225 everybody wants a 1 ohm stable cheater amp and companies rate the lowest ohm, even if youll never run it at 1 ohm stereo

·
eBay-aholic
510 Posts
According to Pioneer:
Peak Music Power 1000 Watts
Number of Channels 1
Load Impedance Capability 2 ~ 8 Ohm (Mono)
Continuous Power (4 ohm) 300W x 1
Continuous Power (2 ohm) 600W x 1

So you wanna wire it this way:

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is how i had planned on wiring it up. I talked it over with scott(94flamds10blazr) and thats how he told me to wire it up. would it be alright to just split a piece of speaker wire at one end like an inch down and put it both pieces of wire under the lil metal tab and then split it after about a foot down again to run each piece of wire to the right terminal on the speakers?? if yall don't understand what im saying, ill draw a pic and post it on here. i just want it to look clean and everything when we install it, but i want it done the best way possible too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts