GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple drops of oil on the floor after a drive. If the truck just sits, no drops. Inspecting underneath shows that the oil seems to be coming from the torque converter cover. It shows on the starter, torque converter cover, front drive shaft, front of the transmission pan and around the oil filter area. Drips out of the small hole in the torque converter cover. Does not decrease the oil level on the dip stick.

I tightened the rocker cover bolts, but no difference.

Any thoughts? (rear main seal?)

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
rear main seal is a pretty common thing with the LT1/Vortec style motors...and yea, like matt said, its a huge pain in the ass...

·
Registered
148 Posts
don't think it' rear main seal though since he got oil in starter, that's more in forward postion than where rear main seal I think.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got a mirror to inspect in behind the engine. The leak is coming from the back of the intake manifold close to the oil sending unit. There is some silicone sealant there but it seems to be leaking around it.

Pull the intake and re-seal, I guess.

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
im having an extremely similar leak as well. Got oil building up on top of the intake in little puddles. Do those performer TBI intakes really work well?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts