GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 sierra 1500 5.3L. got my oil changed on my lunch break and in the evening driving home I noticed the oil pressure gauge was maxed out. I was getting ready to drive out of town the next day, round trip maybe 700 miles and the gauge stays the same even when I just turn the ignition on without turning over the engine. now the oil pressure gauge doesn't move and at first I thought it was just the gauge going out but would like to see if anyone knows what is going on or have had this happen before. the truck seem to run fine, I haven't noticed any changes in the way it runs or anything else. any advice is appreciated

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I have a 06 sierra 1500 5.3L. got my oil changed on my lunch break and in the evening driving home I noticed the oil pressure gauge was maxed out. I was getting ready to drive out of town the next day, round trip maybe 700 miles and the gauge stays the same even when I just turn the ignition on without turning over the engine. now the oil pressure gauge doesn't move and at first I thought it was just the gauge going out but would like to see if anyone knows what is going on or have had this happen before. the truck seem to run fine, I haven't noticed any changes in the way it runs or anything else. any advice is appreciated
Did you bother to search at all? That's one of the biggest issues with 03-07c trucks. It's most likely the gauge.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
if its pegged out then its the oil pressure sending unit...way to use the search function or even google :slap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts