GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BigNBlack6.0
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 GMC 2500 and the oil pressure shows zero all the time... im almost positive that the problem is the sending unit but was wondering if this was a common problem for newer model GM gasoline(LSx) trucks:think:

second, does anyone know off the top of their head, where the oil pressure sending unit is located? i am about to start research, but figured i'd toss it out there to see if i could get a quick annswer:worship:

TIA!

-Brandon

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
I havent heard of many problems with it. AFAIK it's the connector on the pass side of the block just above (or in) the oil pan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The sending unit is on the back of the block behind the intake manifold. Mine went out about 3 months ago. I think you need about a 23mm socket to change it. I can't remember for sure though

·
BigNBlack6.0
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just talked to a GM Tech and he seems to think it is a problem with the cluster.... ???

I also have a problem with the gasoline guage not working correctly and i guess thats what makes him think that... still have not done any troubleshooting yet... that will be my next step

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had the same problem with the oil gauge on my 03 sierra.....took it to the dealer. they had to order me a new cluster. it was all done under warranty even thought mine was expired by 12 days or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts