GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Engine Block
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i got my oil report today, and it turned out good! Its funny, i was reading the report and was concerned because they found excessive lead and copper. They think it was from Restore(an oil additive). And they said if i wasn't using it that i could have a serious bearing issue. I was sitting here thinking man i don't know if i did, but then i just remember using it. So all in all my engine is healthy!

I did a compression check last week and all cylinders were between 160-175.

I was telling my dad that my truck feels like a pig(SCLB 4x4) compared to his(ECSB 2wd). But with the plugs out i regapped them to .060 like my chiltons says and changed the fuel filter which was HORRIBLE! And did the oil change a week and a half ago.

So all in all i'm very happy! Soon as i start working i am gonna put some good stuff in(CAM, Head massage, Headers, Tune) now that i know the engine is good to go.

Oh ya, all of this was done at 145,577

http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&attid=0.1&thid=12063837ee51a88f&mt=application%2Fpdf&pli=1

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
Sounds like.... you're trying to convince yourself you don't have serious issues.

I don't believe the "Restore" had anything to do with it. I use it in the Blazer and have had OA done before. It's just a Moly blend.

You've tainted your sample.

:nono:

Kiss your shit goodbye within 5K miles

·
Engine Block
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am gonna send in another sample in 3k to see the results. I really hope thats not the case!

How did i taint my oil sample? Because it had an additive in it? Ya i really wish it wasn't in there, but i totally forgot about adding it.

Not sure why i would have bearing problems either though?

Thanks Denaliano now i am scared!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am assuming you have posted a different thread on your engine problems in the past? If not give us all an outline of your issues. Maybe I can help you out some more. What has your motor been doing?

·
Engine Block
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not posted any motor problems. My motor is running fine. If you are refferring to me comparing my dads and my truck, there are alot of factorys, 2wd vs 4wd, he's running factory 16's and i'm running heavy stock 20's.

If you are referring to me running all of these things like oil analisys than i did it just because, no specific reason.

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
Sorry dude, passed out.

“ENGINE RESTORER” IS NOT AN OIL ADDITIVE According to the company each can of Engine Restorer contains billions of CSL micro-particles in suspension in a neutral motor oil of high quality. Each CSL micro-particle contains Lead (40%) dispersed uniformly throughout a Copper (60%) matrix with Silver.

http://www.atvconnection.com/Features/Product_Reviews/Restore-Engine-Restorer.cfm

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Sorry dude, passed out.

“ENGINE RESTORER” IS NOT AN OIL ADDITIVE According to the company each can of Engine Restorer contains billions of CSL micro-particles in suspension in a neutral motor oil of high quality. Each CSL micro-particle contains Lead (40%) dispersed uniformly throughout a Copper (60%) matrix with Silver.

http://www.atvconnection.com/Features/Product_Reviews/Restore-Engine-Restorer.cfm
which means....? I used it in my old truck and it seems to work.

·
Engine Block
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright, ya i totally forgot i had put it in, or else i would have waited. I prolly will still get another sample just to make sure!

·
Engine Block
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Blackstone also, they are actually closer to me and are pretty quick to get things from them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts