GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've downloaded all I can but which should I use to tune the stereo in my truck I've actually bought the digital sound meter (spl) and downloaded test tones so I can do this tomorrow I know what to do but what tones do you guys use.I've got 2 12" concept subs that have dvc's that are bridged and everything is run paralell meaning I have a 1ohm per channel load The amp is a 1200watt peak and 750rms(x2)at 2ohm load so the amp has a total load of 2ohms if you actually need this information I don't know as this will be the first system I am tuning the right way.:head:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I downloaded 100hz,50hz,35hz,15hz,1hz,and a 40hz-80hz slow warble plus 250hz,440hz,1khz,and 10khz,too any more you guys think I should get.

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
what are you buildin the system for, if sql then you shouldnt really even need to ask this question, if your buildin for personal listening and you want to achieve the best sound out of what you got, toss the mic and bass cd and listen to what you usually listen to and mess with the settings, go from one end to the other of the settings, then keep messing with them til you get something that you like the best and roll with it, i have heard some very high scoring sql vehicals and really didnt care for how they sounded.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i downloaded a 50hz and 1000hz test tones in order to set my gains.... ran 50hz and set the sub channel.... ran the 1000hz and set the fronts....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts