GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been curious about this for a long time, never having rode in a truck with bags..or anything else with bags...

Lets say your ride height is at about a 3/5 or 4/6 with your average airbag setup - quality everything, like ART or KP

How does it ride? How does it take bumps? How does it handle? Can the rear handle alot of power as far as weight transfer? Can you go 12's with bags? Bouncy? Stiff? Like a caddy?

thanks for clearing this up for me....I wouldn't want to spend 5k on a suspension without knowing what to expect.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
My dad's new truck(EMD's old truck) handles like stock. I know its hard to believe, and its on 35 series tires. Ride height is about a 4/6. It rides great. Its bagged with Air Ride components.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
One of the keys to a good ride is the right PSI, to high and it's rough, to low and it's spongy. Shocks play a roll too. I like the ride in my truck, and have gotten alot of complements on it, but with the small sidewall on my tires you feel the bumps.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Beyond Static said:
My dad's new truck(EMD's old truck) handles like stock. I know its hard to believe, and its on 35 series tires. Ride height is about a 4/6. It rides great. Its bagged with Air Ride components.
:word: I went from that truck to stock and they are pretty close. The bagged truck is a little more jerky then stock but not to bad. You also get bumpsteer with the 99+.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
mine rides really good with the IF 2 link. Not bouncy or anything just plain smooth. I did have a bouncy ride, but it turned out to be that all my ball joints were bad, when I replaced them it rode wonderful. I thought I'd lose power on take off, but I seem to have just as much and the 2 link kinda helps me hook up better I think, the 4 link should also.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have a 2000 chevy full size and it used to have a 4 6 drop then i went to a monoleaf setup then went to kp 4 link art up front it rides really good if i am on the high way i can drive about an inch off the ground an never scratch. but to answer your question yes very smooth . its just really sencetive on the road but rides nice

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Mine rides like junk! :LOL:

Well, actually mine doesn't ride as good as it will because I still have a static drop in the back and I am sitting on my bumpstops, no notch yet. The front rides good, but you will feel all the cracks and expansion joints in the road, alot of that probably has to do with small stiff sidewalls. When I get the back down, I plan to ride it some and then maybe go get the truck realigned, maybe a little higher ride height and hopefully I can get it riding nice.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm running Shockwaves in the front of mine and a custom 2-link/panhard in rear with 2600# bags and Doetsch Tech shocks. I have the shockwaves dialed in firm. My ride is relatively stiff compared to a lot of bagged rides, but that's how I want it. My truck will go through corners like nobody's business and has almost no bodyroll at all! It's like driving a slot car. I ride with it at around a 5/8 drop, maybe a little lower. On average roads it's great. On rough roads and washboard surfaces is can beat you up and with the 35 and 30 series tires, it'll pull you around a little bit, but that's to be expected. For the most part, it's awesome. I wish I could afford to bag all my rides.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
1badgmc said:
I wish I could afford to bag all my rides.
Ya know, when we were looking at putting an Escalade front end on my newphews truck Iw as looking for pictures and found your truck, i had one of your picture as my desktop wallpaper for a while, lol .. but until now I never knew this was yours, your sig photo just looked different and I hadn't noticed .. anyways awesoem truck! :worship:

·
Registered
248 Posts
bcubed said:
Ya know, when we were looking at putting an Escalade front end on my newphews truck Iw as looking for pictures and found your truck, i had one of your picture as my desktop wallpaper for a while, lol .. but until now I never knew this was yours, your sig photo just looked different and I hadn't noticed .. anyways awesoem truck! :worship:
hehe...thanks. :cool:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Beyond thats cool that your dad is also into sporttrucks, that shows that your never to old to have a modded (bagged) truck

1 - 20 of 33 Posts