GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my HID's put in friday by a shop here. It wasnt hard.. I did what it said to do on here with the sensor and cut the wires and put in the resistors..didnt do anything. For some reason it blew both my fog lights..there toast and my interior lights wont dim at all. Anyone got a clue?

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
Um why did you cut and add resisters. Its plug and play homie.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
were u trying to bypass the ambient light sensor? only thing i can think of. if so you picked the wrongggg wires buddy

·
Daddy
1,360 Posts
lol.....sounds like someone should have done a lil more research before sniping wires. Get a manual and check out the wiring diagram.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
pulling fuse is for DRL's not auto headlights

you should done yours like this.

Well I figured it out...

Keep in mind this is for a 2009 2500HD Chevy. I'm sure this will be the same for all 2009 models. So if anyone is interested here are some pics and the wires which need to have the resistor on to make this mod work:

Testing it to find out which 2 of the 4 are needed (the other two have to do with the auto HVAC system) The two colors you are looking for is the white and black wires

Showing black w/white stripe and white wire

Showing resistor

All taped up

Back in place

I'm not sure how to place the pic directly on the thread, sorry about the link. Hope this helps out you guys with 2009 trucks!

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Q: Why would I want to disable my auto headlights?
A: When running HID's, ballasts draw much, much more power than regular halogen bulbs when they first ignite. By disabling auto headlights, we let the truck start, then turn the headlights on, making it much safer on the ballasts as well as much easier on the electrical system. Also, when it is dark and you cycle the key from run to start, the lights flash. Theoretically, by doing this mod, your ballasts would only fire once instead of twice, doubling the life of them!

Q: Does this mean I don't need a relay harness for my HID's?
A: Always run a fused relay harness.

Q: What else do I need to do?
A: On NNBS trucks, you should pull the DRL fuses, so the HID's dont come on during the daytime. Click here for write up on removing DRL fuses

Directly from my write up

·
Registered
2 Posts
1baduramax had someone do it,so they were the ones that messed it up.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
1baduramax had someone do it,so they were the ones that messed it up.
I think he was saying he watched someone do a set, then tried to do another set by wiring resistors in the wires on the HID's and it blew the fuses. :think:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts