GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starts out on my way hoem from the shooting range. A friend calls, hes stuck with anoterh friend, "not bad". I go out there to help thinking it will be 30 min max. He was right, he was about 50 yards from the road not bad at all. Got him out in less than 10 min. He was in a 94 blazer, nice truck. Now the fun starts... The other guy is in a bronco, about a mile out through some hardcore mud. He is high centered on a 6 foot tall muddy berm, and the engine wont start. I actualy got to him, and after about an hour and a half of hi-lift work and a dead 30k lb strap i got him out. I then found the problem to be his starter was flooded, with some "love taps" he managed to start it. Now to get out of teh area I tore to shit pulling the fisrt guy and getting in. I get to it, and the unevitable slide of death took me right into the ruts. I was buried. So was he, right behind me. Now time to call more help. I owe Big D. He came out and tried to pull me since i was closest. Nothing. Broke a 40k strap. I tried rto jack up teh front end to get my ifs out of the ground. At this point you couldnt see my front tires and my ranchhand was half underground. I got it up some, but not enough. Time for a friends jeep with a 9k winch. nothing again. Now we get lucky. A neighbor has a f250 with a warn 9500 and a snatch block. We chain him off to a tree and use teh snatch block. 3 hours later im out, and have plowed literally 4 foot deep and as wide as my truck of a ditch. Ive never been even close to this stuck. The bronco came out much easier. I will get pics of the mess tomarow im pissed that me or Big D didnt have our cameras. Im sure he will chime in as well.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Just outside of town here is Twin Buttes lake, its about empty with a little water and a lot of mud. 2 days before I lifted my truck one of my buddies called me and said he was stuck, lala lala get to the point. He had his Ford buried to the frame. I couldn't budge him. Called a buddy with a Duramax and some more chains. We lined all the chains out to a dry spot and in the middle of the chains we put a old tire and wrapped the chain around it. Then we kinda jerked the chain and the tire acts as a rubber band kinda it stretched and then compress and just yanked her right out. Shit works.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thats what a snatch strap does also. Snapped a 30k and a 40k one multiple times. Anyone know where to buy HEAVY FUCKING STRAPS

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you ever see what happens when a chain snaps when you jerk on someone? Ill take a pic of what it did to my friends bronco tomaorw. I wasnt there when it happened, I would have told him not to do it. It becomes a cruse missle that typically hits your truck.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I've seen what it can do, my dad's tailgate has the imprint of a chain you can nearly lay it in there perfectly. But it was a smaller type chain and he was trying to pull 30+ joints of 2 7/8 tubing out of the brush.
We have yet to have a problem with our big ass chains, but I can't say much I don't know what kinda shit you put them through. But anything is possible I guess.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I would never yank with a chain. Pulling a log, yes. Yanking a truck out of a mud bog? no way. You never know when they will break, and when they do break, you really have no idea what it will hit.

Damn dude, I think you need bigger tires.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whifflebat said:
I would never yank with a chain. Pulling a log, yes. Yanking a truck out of a mud bog? no way. You never know when they will break, and when they do break, you really have no idea what it will hit.

Damn dude, I think you need bigger tires.
like 42" TSLs? :D

·
5.5MPG!!!!!!!All Day Long
123 Posts
u better put some pics up today stephen. he's right....his whole front numper was sunk a good 6 inches b4 the hi-liftand it still took abt an hour with the winch just to pull stephen out.and he wasnt but abt 40 ft. off the road......but talk abt some goop..............u owe me a truck wash and shannon dinner..........and dont worry bro.....u'll find another girlfriend :pimp: :pimp:

u better do something nice for her cause she was...........PISSSSSSSSSSED!!!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Just dump her...girls gotta know...if it envovles the truck....they are #2 that night :grin:

:word: on not tugging with chains...i have a chain and use it but tugging with it is just insane. Now that i have a job i need to go out and do some good wheeling! I wish there was somewhere better to go offroading in DFW.....My land just gets too freaking repetative and no one else is ever there!

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Damn, I can't believe you got stuck that bad. And yes, chains are not what I would want to pull a stuck truck out with. Ive seen what a thin piece of rope snappin can do to a tailgate, I'd be real scared to see a chain doing the same thing...only 100x worse atleast. I'd say for your next strap, get a 60K Keeper strap...but thats still only 20K more. I wonder of anyone makes a 100K strap. Thats prob more along the lines of what you need.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
damn... and i thought most guys with lifts were street queens. nice to here that you actually use ur trucks...

but random question. What do you do if you can't get ur truck out of the mud? Leave it there? I can't image always tryin to find a guys with even bigger trucks.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Whifflebat said:
What steve needs is a 12k hydraulic milemarker...
From what you and him make it sound like Andy, he would need more than just a 12K MM hydrolic...esp if he pulls a stunt like this after the SFA swap and bigger tires. But a snatch block and 12K MM might work well for his bigass truck too.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts