GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck got rear ended in my drive way by a utility truck. No really damage but a gash in my rear bumper. They decided to pay for a new rear bumper from Gm ($630.80). Now my truck is a 95 stepside that shows it's age well and I wanted some ideas on replaceing the bumper. My friends are trying to talk me into a roll pan and custom tube bumper set up. I was going to try to find a used stock bumper but that's been harder that you would think. So any suggestions or pics of what you have done would be greatly appreciated. Also my truck just got a 3" body lift installed, if that has any effect.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
welded in pan :read: or buy a bumper through a wholesaler. try ebay too if u just want to get a dentless bumper as a replacement... thats how i got my roll pan...

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
roll pans look ugly with body lifts, especially on the obs :imo

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Roll pan and save the rear side steps :rocking:

Actually ebay sounds like the best option for a used bumper. I've seen a few lifted trucks with roll pans. They don't look that bad...

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
there are plenty of lifted trucks that look really good with roll pans. But, they don't have body lifts. If you put a roll pan on a truck that has a body lift, those spring hangers are going to be very visible. A lot more than the stock bumper. I just think it's an eyesore when i see a body lifted truck with a roll pan, with the spring hangers and the spare tire hanging low, right under it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the opinions. I never thought of what you would see with out the bumper being on. So off to ebay to find a bumper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts